Any other online stores with price and SELECTION of NewEgg???

OregonLAN

2[H]4U
It's sad, but I have had nothing but problems with NewEgg's new ordering/credit card verification process. I have been purchasing from NewEgg since 1998 (over $40,000.00 worth) using the same exact credit card account number and shipping/billing address. Randomly, about 1 in 3, our order will hang in their processing department for no reason (usually without indication). They NEVER have a viable reason why when I call customer service. Usually, the order is reprocessed and sent through just fine. Funny thing is, we sometimes order $10,000 - $15,000 a day with this credit card and NEVER have any issues with other companies (even over-seas). I’m fed up with dealing with them. What I need is another online computer hardware store with “comparable” prices. I do not need the absolute lowest price. What’s most important is a large selection and reliable order processing/shipping. Is there such a place???

all the things i want over at newegg are out of stock

neo2 plat
bfg 6800

have you checked out outpost.com

i look in deals n steals and check out the commonly posted links with deals.

I don't think there's a site that matches newegg's selection..but there are other sites that might have what you want..

zipzoomfly
frozencpu
mwave
xoxide
etc...

I haven't had slow processing with newegg before, it's usually shipped same day or day after. I have had weird shipping with UPS and Fedex though (package will sit at a city 3 miles away for 1-2 weekdays).

Besides usually great pricing, newegg has been most honest in terms of stock for me. I've purchased from outpost and a few smaller online dealers before that were actually sold out of an item, but failed to inform me until I had asked for tracking/shipping update.

You're unloading a ton of cash into newegg. Perhaps in the future you could contact their customer service rep # directly. I'm sure they'll be more attentive to your order if they heard in person that you were willing to make a huge purchase like the ones you mentioned below.

I've had troubles with Newegg's credit card verification process too. The card I used has never had any issues with other online stores and Newegg was the first site I had trouble with. I didn't mind too much because my most recent purchaces, for my new rig, came from zipzoomfly.com. I found that the prices there were as good as, if not better, than Newegg's. They have a solid selection too and when I bought my parts, in December, everthing I was looking for was in stock. Plus, everything I ordered had free 2-day shipping which was very nice :) All in all, I ordered just over $1200 in parts and it went without hitch, no credit card issues or nothing. The rest of the parts I ordered recently came from monarchcomputer.com and that transaction went very smoothly as well. Monarch doesn't seem to have as great a selection as zipzoomfly or newegg but their prices where right around those two and they always seem to have nice mobo/cpu combo deals.

Those are just my recent experiences. Take them as you will....

vamp said:
I haven't had slow processing with newegg before, it's usually shipped same day or day after. I have had weird shipping with UPS and Fedex though (package will sit at a city 3 miles away for 1-2 weekdays).

Besides usually great pricing, newegg has been most honest in terms of stock for me. I've purchased from outpost and a few smaller online dealers before that were actually sold out of an item, but failed to inform me until I had asked for tracking/shipping update.

You're unloading a ton of cash into newegg. Perhaps in the future you could contact their customer service rep # directly. I'm sure they'll be more attentive to your order if they heard in person that you were willing to make a huge purchase like the ones you mentioned below.

Actually, my purchases from NewEgg range from $500.00 - $3,000.00 per month, so I'm not exactly a VIP or anything. :p

I have no problems with NewEgg; just their credit card verification/purchasing system. I've heard others having issues with it too (on other forums)

My problem is that I have no time to baby-sit the purchases to ensure it gets here on time. I order most items with 1 to 2 week lead. If the order sits in “processing” for a week, it makes life difficult…

zipzoomfly.com == teh l33tness

Just as good selection as newegg, and I've always found their orders ship out faster... not to mention with free 2 day shipping on about 90% of their items.

vamp said:
Same here, the bastages...

Off topic I know, but is it just me or over the last couple years does it seem that in general Newegg's prices have went up? They used to always have just a tad over the cheapest price but not anymore.

Rune75 said:
Off topic I know, but is it just me or over the last couple years does it seem that in general Newegg's prices have went up? They used to always have just a tad over the cheapest price but not anymore.
They accomplished thier goal. They got their name out there and now you are just a returning customer. The last time you shopped there you were satisfied so you return and pay a few extra dollars with the knowledge you will get your product in a timely manner and if it is defective you know they will take it back.

Gillette said:

Just as good selection as newegg, and I've always found their orders ship out faster... not to mention with free 2 day shipping on about 90% of their items.

QFT

ZipZoomFly gets all of my money now, after newegg fucked around with me on an order I stopped ordering from them. Besides I have to pay tax and shipping with newegg. Only thing about ZZF that I find lacking is the way they sort their products.

I purchased the items through http://www.mwave.com (using the same credit card/info). It has already processed. Also, my order was a little cheaper!

Zipzoomfly, despite their retarded new name, is my favorite for personal hardware. Unfortunately, they seem to cater to performance enthusiasts versus cheap desktop/business solutions. Their accessories are a tad bit expensive too (keyboards, mice, etc.).

Tigerdirect scares me. Their reseller rating is very low. I’ve purchased from them in the past, but I’m hesitant to do business with them now…

All of the others have very limited selection compared to NewEgg.

Gillette said:

I too like ZZF, but their selection is HARDLY just as good as Newegg. They don't even carry OCZ products.

For that kind of money....
It might be better to setup an open P.O. with a Newegg rep in advance. That way you can specify terms and orders with a preconceived idea of when the orders will be delivered and at what cost. Get friendly with the rep so that you can call him with any problems. This is the professional, business way to handle this.
Are you buying for a company ?

Otherwise you will have this problem with almost any vendor, guaranteed.

Back