Any problems going from Office 2000 to Office 97?

Zick

Gawd
I have a computer that currently is running Windows 2000 and has Office 2000 on it. For reason that do not matter, I have to put Office 97 back on the PC.
I was planning on just uninstalling Office 2000 and then install Office 97. Well someone told me that is not a good idea because of certain files and DLLs between the two versions can cause problems.

Need opinions on which course would work better and why?

Thanks

Zick

Zick said:
I have a computer that currently is running Windows 2000 and has Office 2000 on it. For reason that do not matter, I have to put Office 97 back on the PC.
I was planning on just uninstalling Office 2000 and then install Office 97. Well someone told me that is not a good idea because of certain files and DLLs between the two versions can cause problems.

Need opinions on which course would work better and why?

Thanks

Zick
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q239938/

SUMMARY
A utility that helps you completely remove Microsoft Office 2000 is available from Microsoft. The Office 2000 CD1 File and Registry Eraser Utility removes most of the files and Windows registry settings that remain on the computer after you remove Office. This utility is designed to be used on stand-alone computers or workstations. Do not use this utility to completely clean a working copy of Office from a computer. Run this utility only after you run the Setup program for Office 2000, and then click Remove Office.

Back