Any reason to buy PC3-12800 over 10666?

Antonius

Limp Gawd
I am kicking around either buying some Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB PC3-12800+ (DDR3-1600+) CL8 Triple Channel Memory Retail (the Dominator stuff with the snazzy heatsinks) or Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 6GB PC3-10666 CL9. The price difference is about $43 per 6gb and I am buying 12gb. I may OC it a little, but I don't plan on anything intense. Is there any reason I should buy the Dominator over the normal stuff?

Well, I guess it is irrelevant now, because I just bought the Dominator. Between the Half.com 15% off coupon and the free shipping, it cost me 550 - 162 cash back = 388 for 12gb of the Dominator RAM, versus 319 for the standard Corsair 1333 12gb...so I figured what heck, why be limited for $60.

It was on Ebay that I bought the RAM...in fact, it was through Zipzoomfly's Ebay sales account I bought it. I searched for DDR3 6gb and it was one of the listings.

The cashback is actual money that you receive, not ebay credit. It is cashback paid into your paypal account 60 days from when you make the purchase.

It was on Ebay that I bought the RAM...in fact, it was through Zipzoomfly's Ebay sales account I bought it. I searched for DDR3 6gb and it was one of the listings.

The cashback is actual money that you receive, not ebay credit. It is cashback paid into your paypal account 60 days from when you make the purchase.

I do believe that cash put in you Ebay account is for Ebay purchases only.

Read here:

This long time seller read the terms & conditions and discovered:

When is a sale not a good bargain? When it's an eBay (EBAY) sale. Tuesday, eBay announced a new holiday buyer incentive program (starts Nov 3 for 45 days). It is a prime example of why eBay stock has plummeted under Donahoe's watch because discounts are not applied at the time of purchase. Who wants a Paypal credit 2 months later? Not me.

1. Buyers only have 60 minutes from the time they go from Microsoft Live Search to eBay, find IT, and then click buy IT (Paypal only) to qualify for cash back rewards.

2. The rewards are actually Paypal credits good for eBay purchases only; and

3. Paypal holds buyers' Paypal credits for 60 days before releasing them.

The author refers to it as "credits" rather than cash back. The whole "cash back" thing sounds a little suspect to me.

PLenty of people have posted that they have gotten their cash. I believe there was a big thread in the Deals section of the board...plus other websites also.

Back