any suggestions for a redirector to use with squid?

i learned about this redirector during a SANS training i attended and was going to use it on a squid reverse proxy in front of my web site. it would give me 2 important features.
1) it would allow me to restrict access to only specific, legitimate directories on my web server.
2) it would allow me to alter the server headers that are sent back so as to disclose as little information about the web server as possible, or to report incorrect information.

however, it doesn't look like this software is maintained much. does anyone know of another redirector for squid that i could use which would give me both of those capabilities?

TIA,
billy ocean

another question. if i'm using squid as a reverse proxy then my apache logs aren't going to have any good information in them. the only client they will show connecting to me is squid. so there is a setting in squid.conf that makes it emulate apache logs so you can gather the info you'd normally get in your apache logs from the squid log. now i am going to turn that on.

but can i also tell squid to write it's log to where the apache log is being stored right now? and then turn off the apache log or write it somewere else, and have any of my web log stuff work seamlessly? for instance, would awstats function without a problem if i did this?

TIA

Back