Any suggestions for my Asrock E350M1

luke51087

2[H]4U
Ok so here is the story.
I just got this all set up tonight and its running great. The problem im having is that it looks like it lacks the ability to wake up via USB anything. Even my basic USB keyboard wont wake it up. This is a problem cause im using a IR reciever via USB and a remote and it wont exactly turn back on. The only way im able to wake it up is via the power button. Im using win 7 64 bit, all the drivers are installed and working, using just 2x4gb ram and 500gb hard drive

And you guys can see that pushing a power button for a HTPC is pretty useless.

Here is the link to the board. It is also using 1.40 version of the bios so fairly new, 1.5 is out but im only seeing ubuntu fixes

If anyone has any suggestions im kinda stumped not sure if its a UEFI problem or a windows 7 issue, ive done this set up with win 7 and everything before so im thinking its a strange bios thing.

Last edited:
Weird. Mine wakes up via USB devices just fine. The funny thing is mine won't stay asleep long. My only suggestion is making sure the devices you want to wake up the PC in Device Manager are set to "Allow Device to Wake Computer" is check marked under Power Management.

I don't see USB listed as a way to do a power on with that motherboard. They list ps2 keyboard, pci, ring, and rtc. All that is under ACPI in bios.

I don't think I had to change a thing in the bios. I don't know the version of my bios. It's whatever shipped with it last March.

Yeah im not sure what is going on the windows power management is all correct, i double checked all of the "Allow device to wake computer" and they are already checked, weird thing is when i go and push a key to try to wake it up my USB keyboard it actually lights up the numlock light but doesnt do anything. Could this be anything with power supply issues? I am using the Thermaltake Element Q VL5000 Series that has a 220w PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133093&Tpk=thermaltake element q

Ok i flashed it to 1.5 and updated to the newest drivers from amd the 12.1s now to test to see if mine will stay asleep. because it seems to be working right now gonna do more testing

within 5 mins of me typing that message it already woke it self up....

Update 20 mins later, its in standby still i disabled Wake on lan from device manager since i dont need it hope that is the issue

Last edited:
So looks like the issue was wake on LAN? Figures. I'll have to try that also. Thanks! :D

so the wake on lan helped some but it was still randomly turning on so I did what drleo said and it was windows updates checking for updates so I disabled them to see if it will stay off

so the wake on lan helped some but it was still randomly turning on so I did what drleo said and it was windows updates checking for updates so I disabled them to see if it will stay off
I had the same problem, you have to change the update service to only look for updates when the pc is on.

Back