any update or replacement for xbox 360 wireless receiver for pc?

umcpgrad

2[H]4U
somehow microsoft just stops making them
they used to be about 30 dollars a pop

now no one retail sells them, newegg amazon, microcenter, bestbuy

I am trying to use my wireless 360 controllers and wireless headset for my pc, is there anything similar that will do the trick?

There was a thread on here about this a few weeks ago that got buried. They still make/support the device, the catch is that it's now only available as a kit that comes with a controller, too.

If you find one it may be overpriced. It's buggy as well. If you have the money look for a wired controlled, should only be like 40 bucks and will work flawlessly.

Here in Canada Futureshop wanted 82 fucking dollars for the wireless controller+receiver last time I looked.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I've never had any issues with the wireless receiever either. I think that literally the only down-side is that most of the 3rd pardy drivers that let you reprogram buttons don't work with the wireless model.
Still, for everyday use it's amazing and a boatload of games support it out of the box with no configurations required.
I have my PC hooked up to my TV, so it's just like playing 360 games...only in 1080p with the details maxed out.

There are a few chinese knock-offs that work fine on DealExtreme. The only catch is you need to install the drivers yourself. They don't automatically install. If you read the reviews of the receiver, there should be links/instructions on how to do so

Anybody thinking about getting one of these needs to google for the issue with the F1 Fuse on these. This receiver evidently draws so much current that most recommend using it only on a powered hub. These also have a problem of blowing a fuse for the same reason.

It works fine, but for long term use you need to bypass said fuse with some solder. Aluminum foil and tape also work for those that can't solder.

Anybody thinking about getting one of these needs to google for the issue with the F1 Fuse on these. This receiver evidently draws so much current that most recommend using it only on a powered hub. These also have a problem of blowing a fuse for the same reason.

It works fine, but for long term use you need to bypass said fuse with some solder. Aluminum foil and tape also work for those that can't solder.
I think that's what happened to mine. Stopped working after 2 years. I don't know how to solder and I don't wan't to buy a bundle either. Why the hell did they stop selling the receiver separately?:mad:

wow robbing 55 dollars for controller and wireless hub? interesting... so can I confirm that the wireless 360 headpiece with work on pc too?

I should point out that if you bought one of these and it stopped working it is likely that there is a small fuse that burned out. This happened to mine and I just bridged the fuse with some solder and it works great now. Mine has been running fine for several years -- I use it a lot -- GTA4, Just Cause 2, Dirt 2, etc.

i purchased mine from newegg a year ago for $15 with free shipping. never had any problems with it

I will try ebay then I guess. I have 4 360 wireless controllers and 2 wireless headsets just want to use it on pc without having to buy new pc gears.

Back