any XFX or BFG 7900GTX owners using VIVO ?

FragMagnet

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like to upgrade to 512mb cards for my new monitor. Both manufacturers show the port on the cards, but don't mention whether it is functional, or if there is software.

For the record, I haven't been able to get these Leadtek 7800GTX VIVO features to work, even though I'm familiar with the software from a former TV card.

Hellbilly said:
7900GTX doesnt have VIVO like 7800GTX. The 7900GT doesnt either.

There are 7900GTs with VIVO on them now, namely XFX but there are more coming from the other brands from what I hear.

Apparently the 7900GT has the same VIVO abilities that the 7800GT had, it's just up to the board partners to put the hardware on the cards and for some reason they didn't do it at first. Probably to get the cards out to market as fast as possible.

FragMagnet said:
I would like to upgrade to 512mb cards for my new monitor. Both manufacturers show the port on the cards, but don't mention whether it is functional, or if there is software.

For the record, I haven't been able to get these Leadtek 7800GTX VIVO features to work, even though I'm familiar with the software from a former TV card.

Have you installed the nVidia VIVO drivers? The latest version is 4.13 if I recall correctly, and is available directly off the nvidia website at www.nvidia.com

Once you get them installed all you should need is your favorite video editing software.

As for your question about the 7900GTX cards with VIVO, if it's advertised with VIVO then it should work fine using the same drivers I just mentioned. The only exception would be if the cards used a different external chip for VIVO and I'm not seeing that.

thanks guys. Maybe I'll just get a stand alone TV card again and the 7900's. I have the WDM drivers installed, but I'm not sure if its the PVR software getting confused due to the dual VIVO or not.

I don't mean to unwittingly thread jack... but does VIVO interfere with PVR tv tuner card capabilities? I have the XFX 7800 GT EE and I'm having trouble with my tv tuner card..

Dark Prodigy said:
I don't mean to unwittingly thread jack... but does VIVO interfere with PVR tv tuner card capabilities? I have the XFX 7800 GT EE and I'm having trouble with my tv tuner card..

It shouldn't at all. Whatever PVR program you use should have a configuration section where it will allow you to choose which WDM device you want to use. You should be able to choose between the video in on your video card, or the video device on your Tuner card.

so if I went the seperate tuner route, there is no issue with the tv-out of the 7900's is there ? It makes a diff, as most tv cards only have input capabilities.

FragMagnet said:
so if I went the seperate tuner route, there is no issue with the tv-out of the 7900's is there ? It makes a diff, as most tv cards only have input capabilities.

There should be no issues using the TV/Video out on an nVidia card whilst using a seperate TV tuner card. People do this all the time with their HTPC setups. :)

good to hear, I can't even get that feature working on this setup ! I even tried both dongles I had, but still no signal, in or out ? I think I'll pull one of the vcards and try one more time before the 7900's get here. Just for my peace of mind.

Back