Anybody else have the feeling...

ScHpAnKy

2[H]4U
that your SFF has lost it's appeal and are contemplative on your reasoning for buying it in the first place? Why do you think that is?
I have the SN41G2Bv1 and I honestly think that the very reason I bought it is the very reason I dislike it now, it's clean look. Perhaps this clean look grew old because there is not much to look at? Does anybody else have this problem, or am I the only one?
I'd be interested in hearing everybody's feedback, even if it's for a different reason.

I hope I don't get this feeling after I buy my SN95G5 in a few days. But, I think I'm safe because I'm buying it for its size.

I don't know about your's, but the SN95 looks pretty damn sexy. ;)

You could always mod it you know... :)

I suppose, but with the frequency that this thing keeps dieing, I'd be screwed if I had to RMA it again.

Nope, Just you :p

I'm going to have my SN95G5 3200+ 90nm built on Wednesday, that's when my processor from monarch and my WD250GB SATA Drive from zipzoomfly show up :D

BTW, bob, if you are looking for the V2.0 of the SN95G5, order from newegg. I got a V2.0 from there, even though there customer service couldn't guarantee I would get a V2.0

Ihave allready for years SN41G. Yepp the old KM266. And from moment I've got it it became my most used PC. Yess I have more powerfull systems. I have water cooled rigs and even Vapochill. Still I use mostly Shuttle.
It's so uncomplicated. Realable. Practical. Takes no space.
I think getting that Shuttle and getting TFT screen are only good investments I made in whole this years considering Computer hardware.
On top of a list is a OEM Intell Eplorer 3 that was so cheep and preforms great also for years.
In my shuttle I have had 3 different CPUs, 3 different grafic cards, one CD one DVD and now DVD RW drive. I have all in one card reader. Only thing I haven't change is HDD (80 GB WD JB 8MB) and shuttle it self.
It all became as LAN rig. I was sucked in by review of Kyle back then and I've sad I want such LAN PC. I was tired of getting so many havy things to LAN Parties.
Back then I've took XP 2200+ 512 MB RAM , 80 GB HDD and Ti4200. And for CS it was more then enough.
Only thing that I've changed was PSU (with old one it wouldn't start if You have disconected power cord and would black out sometimes randlomly).
I belive affter all this abusment any other mobo would die.

What I was trying to say is Affter years of owning Shuttle I still find it great PC. Even that old single DDR chanel 266 FSB limited Athlon XP system still rocks.
Like now in it I have XP 2400+ and 5900 Ultra and external 250 GB HDD and external wireless and external lights, Special MD cooling solution :)
Sometimes I go to friend of mine to play together with Him over His 8 Mb connection and until His last setup I was loading levels allways faster as His main high end rig.
My Shuttle have never stoped Me to have higher scores.
There was just some time of irritation with PSU but that was all.

I gues I will sell most of my other PCs and next system will be high end Shuttle.

MD

I doubt it, well I just ordered mine (SN95G5) on Saturday and it should be here tomorrow. I got it for the size and although I doubt I'll get tired of the look I'm a pretty decent modder if needed :)

honestly, i love my SN95G5 more and more by the day, i dont have the shuttle carry case yet but i was able to wrap it in a towel and throw it into a duffle bag with my clothes when i went to friends place for the weeekend and everything fit perfectly

Kakyoin said:
Nope, Just you :p

I'm going to have my SN95G5 3200+ 90nm built on Wednesday, that's when my processor from monarch and my WD250GB SATA Drive from zipzoomfly show up :D

BTW, bob, if you are looking for the V2.0 of the SN95G5, order from newegg. I got a V2.0 from there, even though there customer service couldn't guarantee I would get a V2.0
Thanks for that information! ;)

I'll be sure to do so.

TheGeneral said:
honestly, i love my SN95G5 more and more by the day, i dont have the shuttle carry case yet but i was able to wrap it in a towel and throw it into a duffle bag with my clothes when i went to friends place for the weeekend and everything fit perfectly

I know I'm going to love my SB83G5, as it's going to be a KICK ass multimedia/htpc rig....and that Shuttle carrying case is going to make things a lot easier when I feel like takin' 'er on a trip. ;)

I regret how much of a PITA this thing has been setting up and modding so it overclocks nearly as well as a regular ATX sized case. All of that could be solved if they were more popular. The portability almost makes up for the time/expense I have vested in this thing. But in the end, that will make it so much sweeter to enjoy. :cool:

ScHpAnKy said:
that your SFF has lost it's appeal and are contemplative on your reasoning for buying it in the first place? Why do you think that is?
I have the SN41G2Bv1 and I honestly think that the very reason I bought it is the very reason I dislike it now, it's clean look. Perhaps this clean look grew old because there is not much to look at? Does anybody else have this problem, or am I the only one?
I'd be interested in hearing everybody's feedback, even if it's for a different reason.
no, no, no, and god no! my sn95 lan's with ease and the benche'z kick ass! I would buy 10 more if I could ...maybe I should buy shuttle stocks? :p

Oh hells no. I love my SN85G4V2. It is the only rig I own. It replaced my previous setup, which I was sad to sell (SST TJ-03, PC P&C 510 Deluxe, NF7-S rev. 2, I had a 2100+ and a 2500+ which both OCed very well) as I really liked that system, especially the case and PSU.

But as much as I liked that setup, I do not regret getting my Shuttle. It's very nice because it's very easy to take home with me over breaks. And to think I have a faster rig than my previous one in less than 1/3 of the size is pretty cool.

If you are one of the people who, like me, transport your Shuttle with you, I'd recommend getting the bag that Shuttle sells. The Shuttle fits snugly inside the bag and is well protected, and the bag is of good quality.

The next logical thing to do now that I've got a Shuttle is to get a LCD. As soon as I have the money for one, a Samsung 710N will be reaplacing my old 17" CRT.

I'm glad to hear so many positive experiences with SFF PCs. This only cements my plans to ditch my tower for a new Shuttle in the near future.

I've junked the Craptacular Lappy for a GOOD comp, the Shuttle comp that Best Buy is selling. Since I couldn't talk my mother out of buying a $200 warranty for the dang thing (she is geek-intolerant) I'm gonna (eventually) pay her back every penny she spent on it (all $1800) and then mod the crap out of it :D

Stay tuned so I can show you my killer shuttle in 2008! :rolleyes: yeah right. it'll probably be gathering dust in the attic by then.

i was regretting mine a bit.. mainly because i came across some bh-5 at a good price and can't use it even close to its potential.. the i got a 2nd hard drive and was worried about putting both in the computer.. but then i moved and took just 2 suitcases (and a carry on - my shuttle bag) of stuff with me on the plane, and i was happy once again that i got one.. because otherwise i would have left my computer behind and gone a few months with some shit computer that i could scrounge up..

it did get my carry on searched and they were like.. what is in there? a computer a laptop? no, just a computer, but its small
then the passed some wierd electrial drug sniffer thing over it .,.. maybe a bomb sniffer, i have no fucking clue.. and felt around in the bag.. and then let me go..

i regret it sometimes, but mostly no.. i got it because it was small and easy to move and i am glad i did.. it lacks upgradeability.. because i know i would have put an a64 mobo and cpu in a good case if i had one..

ok.. i got discracted for a few minutes and forgot what else i was going to say..

Back