Anybody ever play with CBROM?

RyanVM

Limp Gawd
I just learned how to use it last night to change the 1.B BIOS for the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, updating the Si3114R5 BIOS from 5209 to 5314. However, I'm kinda nervous to actually try it out since my board will be dead if I screwed it up.

Has anybody ever tried this before? I know I've seen modded BIOSes with updated RAID BIOSes floating around, but never for the Neo4 Platinum. Anybody want to try it out?

I modded a image for my bootscreen on my nforce2 mobo. Works great, just triple read everything, and usually the prog wont let you make a mistake and will come up with an error if you do.

Remember, Read and triple read instructions, and youll be ok. Dont mean to scare you, but I went out and did it after reading the directions to complete my perticular task (bootscreen), and this is the only computer I have along with not having any income. Be Brave :)

Heres the bootscreen:

I'm more worried about the odds of messing up my RAID array by updating the RAID BIOS. Oh well, might as well live life in the fast lane :p

Back