Anybody know anything about the Galaxy Journal (aka Note for Verizon)?

Emission

Supreme [H]ardness
I did some brief research and saw that there was a petition put together for it but don't have much more to go on. The Galaxy Note is a beautiful hybrid device and having it on the Verizon network with 4G LTE would make my day big time. Does anybody know any more about this device or work at Verizon perhaps?

I'm looking for things like spec differences or potential release dates.

There are plenty of rumors floating around the internet. As of right now, there has been no confirmation that the Note/Journal is coming to verizon. Instead, there are rumors of a HTC rival coming out in the fall (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/04/26/verizons-summer-and-fall-2012-roadmap-leaked/)
I really hope it comes to verizon. It looks awesome and I intend it to be my next phone when my next upgrade comes up in December. However, like most others looking to get this phone, I'm grandfathered into an unlimited data plan that I don't intend to give up. Besides AT&T service sux.

I'm in the same boat OP. I keep checking sites like engadget, droid life, etc. to see any news of the Journal popping up. I hope it's coming, and I have a hard time believing that Verizon would not get a variant of it. At least, that's what I hope.

Eh, I gave up and grabbed the international GSM version. Verizon seems to be taking its sweet time picking this phone up.

I was looking forward to this phone until I saw the post about Verizon doing away with with the grandfathered unlimited data plans.

Now, I don't have to wait for Verizon to release it if I don't like what they have to offer when it comes to their shared plans.

Is the Note only available on AT&T?

In the US, so far, AT&T is it for the Note.

The international version can be used with Tmobile as well as ATT, but you only get 2G data speeds on Tmobiles networks except in parts of the Pacific North West.

http://www.motoringcrunch.com/news/mobile-tech/10737-att-samsung-galaxy-note-price-3s

".......Despite all these benefits and great hardware, it unfortunately doesn't compare to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sammy's new flagship smartphone. If rumors serve true then we may see it hit US carriers like AT&T late June, hence the possible reason why AT&T has lowered the price tag. Another reason could be because the device may no longer be exclusive to AT&T (we've already seen a leaked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note floating around and rumors of a Verizon Galaxy Journal keep coming in).'

I will bet Verizon will release all their sweet phones, like the Note, only after the cut-off date for grandfathered customers that want to upgrade and still keep their unlimited data feature. :(

Verizon won't let us keep that unlimited data feature unless we buy off-contract and I'm sure that is when all their great phones for this year will be released, obviously. But I don't mind buying off-contract.

I will bet Verizon will release all their sweet phones, like the Note, only after the cut-off date for grandfathered customers that want to upgrade and still keep their unlimited data feature. :(

Verizon won't let us keep that unlimited data feature unless we buy off-contract and I'm sure that is when all their great phones for this year will be released, obviously. But I don't mind buying off-contract.

I'd say it's worth it. Paying $30 for unlimited data is a steal, even though the rest of the plan components are relatively expensive.

Back