Anyone actually running the dual GPU client?

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
Curious on output. Only report I've read thus far was pretty much a total bust.

Anyone got 2x x1900 cards in a box? Output?

I'd point out a post or two on FC Forums, but I guess I'm not allowed back in here until I bring Mary an SMP client. :mad:

How about a teaser?

X1900Crossfire 8x PCIe
X1900XTX 8x PCIe
Frame times [p2730 - 6:21 / p2730 -6:22](both cards @ 688.50 GPU/747Mem)

~1500 PPD! :cool: (and that's each and every day, not like the Conroes. How have those Ambers tasted the last day or two? Little dry? Slow going down? :p )

7im said:
I'd point out a post or two on FC Forums, but I guess I'm not allowed back in here until I bring Mary an SMP client. :mad:

I don't think Mary could handle the news, 7im. Take it easy on the old bean. How about we just waft a little of the aroma his way? No? OK. You didn't see anything. Smile and wave boys. Smile and wave. :p

^^ your starting to make less sense than the other one... :D

marty9876 said:
weep I did...

One little problem that confronts you
Got a folding monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks
Ooooh that smell
Cant you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of SMP surrounds you
Ooooh that smell
Cant you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of SMP surrounds you

Sincere apologies to Skynyrd fans reading this thread. :p

Ok, you two Mac and 7im need to get a room... someplace far away from here!

:D

2 noob's picking on mary..just got to love it

but mary is already an SMP=simple moronic person......

zim01 said:
2 noob's picking on mary..just got to love it

but mary is already an SMP=simple moronic person......

piece it together Georgy... your not too dim now....

I, the n00b, am asking you, Zim0,1 to enlighten me.

-_-
Marty has been nicer to me more than u have...

11/6/2006 SMP client now beta testing
We are now testing the SMP client with Folding@Home beta testers (beta testers can find more information in the beta testing forum). The SMP client supports OSX/Intel natively (which means a major points boost for OSX donors) as well as 64-bit linux (with 32-bit linux hopefully to come soon). Windows support will come much later, as this is a very different architecture for porting than OSX & Linux.

I'm still waiting on my cards, according to my order they're not supposed to ship until the 30th but I'm trying to get it bumped up...

you may have to play with the gpu flags.......my first card was 1 so setting -gpu 0 and my second card 3 so -gpu 2, nope...ended up 1 to get them to run.....and use the command line only

Now how to control fan speeds on both????????????

Zim, you ever get this working? My xtx arrived today, hopefully the crossfire edition shows up as well because I'm waiting for both of them before tearing out the quadros...

Yes, huge pain in the butt..............had to really run basic settings...like 8+/- minutes...
the asus m2r32-mvp....is setup really for crossfire...and has in the bios which pci goes first.......I'll work on it over the weekend and see if I can it to 6+/- where it should be...
all in all...the SMP client is much easier.....

hmm...is the problem that you can't force 3d clocks with both cards? I'll need to see what dells bios lets me do with slots, i imagine there's not many options.

ND40oz said:
hmm...is the problem that you can't force 3d clocks with both cards? I'll need to see what dells bios lets me do with slots, i imagine there's not many options.

I'm sure to get crapped on but basically Dell sucks, servers excluded , they are bullet proof

zim01 said:
I'm sure to get crapped on but basically Dell sucks, servers excluded , they are bullet proof

lol, where do you think my cards are coming from ;)

damn drop shipping takes forever though...

Back