Anyone at Nutanix.Next?

I may be confused, but didn't Cisco have plans to buy them (and presumably rebrand them)?

I kind of wish I was. I've been following the Chuck v. Josh thing playing out on twitter and their blogs. Hell, check is writing directly about Nutanix on the VMware blog. Talk about going for the throat. I cannot tell who I should root for, both? Being such a VMware nerd leans me into VSAN a lot and to be very suspicious of people charge a-loads for commodity hardware with magic sauce software. You have to admit, the shit's pricey.

What I don't know is if it is that much better, or will continue to be. Maybe what Nutanix is doing will commoditize. You sure have a lot of players, and it is hard to bet against VMware. That said, Nutanix has got my attention... can't wait to see what they announce.

I may be confused, but didn't Cisco have plans to buy them (and presumably rebrand them)?
That was the rumor a few weeks ago. I suspect the asking price was too high and the Nutanix brand is arguably worth more than their IP, you don't buy Nutanix to rebrand them. If Cisco is going for a hyper-converged play there are cheaper options.

Interesting hearing about you being able to attend 'other' conferences than when you were with Varrow. Was all EMC, Cisco, VMware. Have fun. I'm sure their 'hypervisor' will be released seeing as though they now have 7 freshly minted NPX's. Still not convinced on that cert at all. You can't claim multi-hypervisor cert and then not defend on Hyper-V when the platform supports it. I find it interesting that the cert is another hypervisor, then another VMware defense. All the guys who went for it are VCDX's. Makes zero sense to test them AGAIN on the platform they are already certified to architect. No Hyper-V in the first 7 means the cert is worth nothing. Who's going to bootstrap those guys? I don't see them employing any MCM/A's on staff. Sorry, I think that sufficiently derails this thread.

I'm down here. After some abysmal issues with vsan we've been looking at other options and Nutanix is on our short list.

Last edited:
Would've enjoyed attending this conference. But my company so tightly aligns with EMC, Cisco, and VMware there's no way in hell I'd get to go. :(

Back