Anyone else interested in Madden 06?

davidj

Gawd
I just installed the PC version on my PC last night. I have not had alot of time to play with it yet. I'm at work right now on a Saturday.

I bought Madden 2002, 2003, and 2004, and did not see any differences. So I skipped 2005 and I'm back for '06. I'm curious if any of the new added features seperate it from 2002, 2003, etc.

Anyone have any comments, complaints, or tips?

Thnx in advance. :)

i heard there's something call QBvision.. so when you're playing offense.. you play as the QB in first person..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i heard there's something call QBvision.. so when you're playing offense.. you play as the QB in first person..

it's not 1st person, but its more of a 'cone view'. Like a 'field of vision'...the better your quarterback is, the more of the 'field' he will see, thus more accurate passes. If your using someone that isn't as good the CONE that shines up towards your receivers wont be as broad, and you will have to use the right analog to move it around to focus on different receivers if you want to accurately throw a pass.

If your using the Colts, and Peyton Manning, no problem.. his cone shines on the whole downfield, while if your using someone like I do (ben roethlisberger) their cone only focuses on 1 MAYBE 2 receivers, and you have to move it if you want to pass elsewhere on the field.

Takes maybe 2 games to get FULLY used to, but it defintely makes the game more interesting and limits the posibility of playing against people online who just bomb passes, gives you time to get through on a blitz, etc.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

That cone vision is messed up. I don't understand how they can give some QBs a whole field as their vision and others a little line. As an example, Kyle Boller from the Ravens. Thats rediculous. But oh well, I still own teams like the eagles no prob. Anyone wanna play on Xbox Live, add JustinSAN3 to your friends and hit me up.

I saw it at the store today for PC and came close to buying, but have never played a madden for PC, so I passed on it.

some quarterbacks are good, but they can only concentrate on a small section of the field. just because their cone is small doesn't mean they are crappy in game, it just means that particular skill is lacking. im really liking maddeon 06 on xbox. lotta fun. although im horribly bad at kicking.

I have 2005 on PC and will be getting 2006 on Xbox. Why? Cause I will be living with my brother and we (me, my brother, and his friends) can play around a TV alot easier then around my 15" monitor.

wait for it to go on sale for 29.99
man this game isnt even worth 40 bucks IMO
not much of a difference over 2k5, just updated rosters, but if you play online youre forced to used updated rosters anyways.

I lost interest in football games after Sega lost the ESPN/NFL licence after EA locked it in for exclusivity. Now all that's left this year is the second best choice. I guess we can kiss innovation goodbye for the next decade.

finally another person on this board that agrees espn series football owns madden series.
madden's gameplay just feels to flaky, im sorry.
i never got into madden and dont think i ever will.

the only reason 2 buy madden is lack o options, Fuck madden, espn owns
i am done with football games now that espn is done

Firebomb said:
the only reason 2 buy madden is lack o options, Fuck madden, espn owns
i am done with football games now that espn is done
i prefer madden personally

I finally got a chance to try it out a little today. So far I think that the controls are slightly more
complicated to configure that previous years. Of course this is because they offer more features than before. Most features I care little about, I just want to play the darn game.

Thankfully that cone-view thingy can be toggled in the settings.

I was impressed with the graphics in past years, but not 06.

I will spend my entire Sunday playing Madden 06 to give it a fair try. So far it is OK for $39.99, if I would of paid $50.00 I would be :( :(

Maybe I will give NCAA a try.

davidj said:
I finally got a chance to try it out a little today. So far I think that the controls are slightly more
complicated to configure that previous years. Of course this is because they offer more features than before. Most features I care little about, I just want to play the darn game.

Thankfully that cone-view thingy can be toggled in the settings.

I was impressed with the graphics in past years, but not 06.

I will spend my entire Sunday playing Madden 06 to give it a fair try. So far it is OK for $39.99, if I would of paid $50.00 I would be :( :(

Maybe I will give NCAA a try.

i played it at my brother's house on the ps2 and thought it was cool. Definitely more difficult with the qb vision on. I get the pc version for better graphics and online play. I think the qb vision will definitely make it tougher to play online.

luckily i got a coupon code from EA Sports last week for my birthday that saved me 15.00 off the game!

...now to play it as much as i can until nhl 2006 and then tiger woods comes out....then a fight for playing time between the 3 (oh, and CS:S, and Splinter Cell)

From what I've seen, 2006 is almost exactly like 2005. It just has a couple extra features. The ESPN games are WAY better in my opinion.

I agree that TakeTwo had the better football game, but the reason I am going to get it....I love football and it is a blast to play against friends.

I already have the greatest sports game ever made....NCAA Football 2006. :D

I still find the idea of yearly updates to sports games hilarious.

I mean, update the stats, add 1 or two extra features, some extra "content" (ie crappy videos or "collectibles") and maybe a few more textures and you're done.

lame if you ask me.

but then, what else is there to do to sports games once you esentially get it all down?

(answer, be creative....where is speedball aye?? god damn i hate this push for realisim)

I bought the game at Fry's Electronic for $28.99 on Friday. A bargain if you ask me... so much better than on the consoles, except for the usual missing features. Damn EA can never get anything right...

Tiny said:
I agree that TakeTwo had the better football game, but the reason I am going to get it....I love football and it is a blast to play against friends.

I already have the greatest sports game ever made....NCAA Football 2006. :D

NCAA 06 is fun, more fun than Madden imo, but they really need to do better at keeping the graphics engine updated.

Back