Anyone else preorder one of the new Sager NP9880?

Nomad

2[H]4U
Just curious to see if anyone else decided to preorder the 9880 from Sager? Mine should be here June 6th (I can't wait)

I ordered mine with a 570J (3.8), 2Gb DDR2, 6800 Go Ultra, 1920x1200 screen (17" of goodness), 2x 80Gb SATA 5400 HDDs (RAID 0), DVD+9 burner, 801.11 + Bluetooth, TV Tuner and remote, and all the rest of the bells and whistles. Take a peek here - http://www.powernotebooks.com/category.php?catId=25#id699

What did you order?

Well - with the 500 instant rebate it was not that bad.

You can see the configurator, give it a whirl.

That sucker is going to have some CRAZY heat output. The 6800 Go Ultra runs much hotter than the 6800 go and 9860's were already burning hot so I'd hate to see how hot this puppy gets.

LOL 12.5 pounds with the battery. The RAID is pretty cool though.

MFZ said:
That sucker is going to have some CRAZY heat output. The 6800 Go Ultra runs much hotter than the 6800 go and 9860's were already burning hot so I'd hate to see how hot this puppy gets.
I have seen a heat comparison done on that laptop - it is much cooler than my D600 on the underside and on the palm rests - also quieter.

And - I don't carry around my 3 21" CRTs or lian-li case because they are slightly heavier than 12.5 pounds.

Just curious, but why would you buy a P4 based notebook? The battery life is goimg to be horrid (probably close to nothing with the RAID setup!), and the heat on that sucker is going to be insane. Unless of course this thing is going to be stagnant most of the time, I don't see why you wouldn't go with a P-M 1.7 or higher, they are just as equal in terms of performance (with the exception of HT), but the battery life on the P-M is amazing. :confused:

geeze guys give it a rest.
He bought it to use as a portable desktop. Not as a laptop. It'll be moved when he goes between living locations (if he does) and lan parties. And thats about it. He knows he'll get 10 minutes of battery life. He doesn't care because it doesn't matter.

inotocracy said:
Just curious, but why would you buy a P4 based notebook? The battery life is goimg to be horrid (probably close to nothing with the RAID setup!), and the heat on that sucker is going to be insane. Unless of course this thing is going to be stagnant most of the time, I don't see why you wouldn't go with a P-M 1.7 or higher, they are just as equal in terms of performance (with the exception of HT), but the battery life on the P-M is amazing. :confused:
Battery life won't be very good?

Damn!!!!!

What am I going to do on my 5 hour bus ride commute (2X a day)?

No - really. I have 4 notebooks now and the longest that they are ever unplugged is the 20 minute drive from my home to the office. The intention was not to allow me to use this laptop on a 7 hour flight without plugging it in. The intention was more for me to get anything and everything accomplished that I would ddo on my home workstation, but allow me to move it and take it to wrk with me - every now and then.

BTW: I did do a pretty exhaustive comparison before buying that laptop. I wanted a 17" display running at 1920X1200 with a PCI Express video card.(so that I could swap it out later). That ruled out everything that I could find except the Dell XPS Gen 2 and the Clevo that I bought (which is rebranded by Voodoo, Alienware, Falcon-NW, and Sager, just to name a few). I then looked for the good 750 off dell xps deals and even with that it was a better deal to pick up the Sager.

Regarding heat. As long as I don't burn my hands off (or balls off) I don't care how much heat it is dissapating. The Go Ultra does not put out nearly as much heat as the desktop version and the CPU has 2 fans on a heatpipe.

Enough justifying my purchase - just wondering if anyone else out there had decided to buy it.

Nomad said:
Battery life won't be very good?

Damn!!!!!

What am I going to do on my 5 hour bus ride commute (2X a day)?

No - really. I have 4 notebooks now and the longest that they are ever unplugged is the 20 minute drive from my home to the office. The intention was not to allow me to use this laptop on a 7 hour flight without plugging it in. The intention was more for me to get anything and everything accomplished that I would ddo on my home workstation, but allow me to move it and take it to wrk with me - every now and then.

BTW: I did do a pretty exhaustive comparison before buying that laptop. I wanted a 17" display running at 1920X1200 with a PCI Express video card.(so that I could swap it out later). That ruled out everything that I could find except the Dell XPS Gen 2 and the Clevo that I bought (which is rebranded by Voodoo, Alienware, Falcon-NW, and Sager, just to name a few). I then looked for the good 750 off dell xps deals and even with that it was a better deal to pick up the Sager.

Regarding heat. As long as I don't burn my hands off (or balls off) I don't care how much heat it is dissapating. The Go Ultra does not put out nearly as much heat as the desktop version and the CPU has 2 fans on a heatpipe.

Enough justifying my purchase - just wondering if anyone else out there had decided to buy it.

The laptop is a powerful beast, and if your using it as a DTR then thats cool-- especially if your a floater (moving from house to house a lot). Congrads on the machine (I wish the screen on my laptop was as nice as yours :))

Thanks for the compliment there.

We shall see if it is as nice. A buddy of mine has the Dell 9300 with the 19x12 resolution, with the glossy look to it (kind of looks wet). This one is the regular kind without that sheen.

yeah I too prefer the original matte finish...especially with all these complaints of the "sparkle effect", these new glossy screens seem to be pretty much hit or miss

I laughed the other day when someone told me that he hated the glossy screen because he did not want to look at himself - he was not that pretty.

- for those that have not seen the glossy screen, you can see a decent reflection in them -

Back