Anyone familiar with the Xion 700W 80+ Gold unit?

DryFire

2[H]4U
The PSU in question is here.

It looks interesting at that price and superflower appears to be the oem of the device (80+ cert here). The only review of it that I could find is here. Superflower appears to make the:

NZXT's Hale 90 line
Kingwin's Lazer Gold line
XION's 90+ Gold Series

Thoughts?

I plan to buy a new psu as my 3 year old 430W seasonic probably won't be able to power a 6950, Q6600 and 3 HDD's. Current system max draw from outlet is 330W (~260-280W DC output depending on actual efficiency) with an 8800GT 512MB so 700W is definite overkill.

Yes it is a SuperFlower and it is one of their new Gold designs. Nothing wrong with it, the only issue would be what is Xion's support like....and I don't know that answer.

Hell, for $85 after rebate, you won't find anything better. If you're willing to take the chance of mediocre support, then go for it. It's a good PSU at a great price. The only competition I've seen in that price range is the Antec Truepower New 750W when it drops below $100 sometimes, which is less efficient and only partially modular.

Same as the nzxt and kingwin, except they use nippon chemi-con capacitors and xion opted for capxon. Would be a good unit if you don't mind re-capping it at some point...otherwise I think the nzxt or kingwin would be a better choice.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back