Anyone good with chineese calligraphy?

I'm looking to get some symbols either etched onto the metal of my Lian-Li or on to some plexi (not sure yet).

Basicly, all I need is the words "snow man" translated so that I can be sure that i'm using the right symbols (I've already found a site that has some good ones) and grammer.

Or, if anyone knows of a special symbol for Yeti, that would be even better.

Thanks in advance!

In Japanese Knaji , it is translated into "Yuki Otoko" directly.
I don't know what they translate it to Chinese though , as I 'm Japanese.

Couple basic calligraphy rules:

General stroke order is from upper-left to lower-right. For the most part, vertical lines are drawn top down and horizontal ones are drawn left-right.

Because the brush is placed more heavily on the beginning of each stroke, whatever etching you do should have every vertical stroke be thicker at the top and taper as it goes down. Most straight horizontal ones end in the same pressure as they start, so they taper a bit in the middle and then come back to full thickness at the end.

All boxes are done in the same stroke order, meaning calligraphy and shorthand reflect this order. First, the left side is drawn top down, so it's thicker on top and tapers off. Then, the top and right sides are drawn in one stroke from the top-left to the bottom-right, also tapering and possibly cutting the corner a tiny bit, but at least rounded off compared to the other corners. Then, the bottom is drawn left to right.

Just make sure you vary the thicknesses of the etching at the right places if you want it to look authentic.

Good luck!

probably the best thing you could do if you want it to look really good is to find a translation, print it out, and blow it up and then use it as a guide, b/c messing up means starting over and that is never fun...

monopixel said:
In Japanese Knaji , it is translated into "Yuki Otoko" directly.
I don't know what they translate it to Chinese though , as I 'm Japanese.
You are Japanese, so you know better than I would, but I think "yuki jin" would be more appropriate because it refers to a "human" instead of a "man." The kanji are the same for Chinese and Japanese in this case.

Thread starter, you can see what the kanji are by using a translator,

http://www.j-talk.com/nihongo/search

Enter in the words in quotation marks above. You have to enter in each word individually, and you should have support for East Asian languages installed already, but I'm sure you'll find it worthwhile.

Shadow Talyn said:
Try this site to actually translate into the calligraphy characters.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Make sure asian language packs are installed for IE and Windows or linux if using this site.

and here is what i have for Snow Man in Japanese
雪の人
Please correct me if i am wrong monopixel

dogbyte_13 said:
Make sure asian language packs are installed for IE and Windows or linux if using this site.

and here is what i have for Snow Man in Japanese
雪の人
Please correct me if i am wrong monopixel

The meaning of your kanji and hiragana isn't wrong and I can get it, but we don't use
the word "雪の人" generally.

If we describe a snowman in Japanes, we often say "スノーマン" in katakana ,
same goes for yeti , "雪男" or "雪女".

Back