Anyone has a compilation of which games are worth running DX10 instead of DX9?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Just wondering which games are worth playing under DX10 instead of DX9 provided that there is little to no performance hit and there is a visible graphical improvement. Games like Crysis are not a big problem because of the DX9 "hack" but how about the others out there?

World in Conflict

Company of Hero's (Dx10 patch)

Hellgate London

Bioshock

Call of Jaurez

uhhh, thats all I can think of.

The biggest improvements your going to see is in World in Conflict and Hellgate London.

Crysis
World in Conflict
Stalker Clear Sky
Call of Juarez

Bioshock's DX10 main difference over Bioshock's DX9, is the water and still it's a a very tiny difference that you won't see, unless you're looking for it.

I can't see much difference in most of the DX10 titles. I actually run Company of Heroes in DX9 with higher AA/AF instead.

So far I think the best example is Crysis or World in Conflict. The lighting upgrade in WiC is awesome in DX10.

Lost Planet looks much better in DX10. Not sure on performance hit though

Crysis series looks fantastic in DX10 but it's Crysis so performance is always an issue.

+1 Clear sky. IT sucks that I can't run it at more than 30 fps, but it looks amazing over DX9.

Is it worth trying to install some of the hacked DX10 for XP files I've seen floating around?

Is it worth trying to install some of the hacked DX10 for XP files I've seen floating around?
Sure, if you want a trojan at worst, or something that does nothing at best. :p

Alky (OGL->DX10 wrapper) went nowhere when it was being officially maintained. It's still gone nowhere since.

Its way different although I feel most of it could have been done under DX9 as well...still, I am enjoying it very much!

Sure, if you want a trojan at worst, or something that does nothing at best. :p

Alky (OGL->DX10 wrapper) went nowhere when it was being officially maintained. It's still gone nowhere since.

That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure. I'm not sure I'm willing to switch to Vista yet.

I played Call of Juarez in dx 10 mode I thought... But then I noticed the second exe. But really there is a difference but very small. And every Dx 10 title I have run except for bioshock perhaps gives me more lag and stutters. It´s like 25 fps in dx 10 mode is less then 25 fps in dx9 mode. Maybe it´s something with the 8800 series.smoothness is more important for me and well since I only have an 8800 GTX most games I have the option 1900x1200x32 in dx 9 or 1360x768x32 using my lcd tv for dx 10....

The game does look dated compared to crysis as all fps games so really doesn´t matter that much lol.

Back