Anyone have a Biostar 6100-939 with an XP-120?

DanK

Gawd
I'm looking to build a system around a Biostar TForce 6100-939 motherboard. The case I'm looking to use is very small, so I want to get some measurements on the Thermalright XP-120 heatsink before I buy it. This is what I need to know:
  • When the above motherboard / heatsink combo are together, how far past the top edge of the motherboard does the heatsink extend (disregarding the fan and fan clips)?
  • What is the vertical distance between the highest heatpipe and the top of the heatsink?
If possible, pictures would be informative. Thanks in advance.

I pulled these dimensions from Thermalright's site (if they help).

Dimension: L135x W125 x H90 (mm) Heat sink only, without fan

If you already possess the Biostar mobo., install in the case and see what your clearances would be.

Here is a review site with some detailed pictures.

Good luck.

_Korruption_ said:
If you've got any qualms about the XP-120 not fitting, get the SI-120. Problem solved.

QFT. I'm planning on getting an SI-120, I can probably fit an xp-120 on my mobo right now, but just in case for the future the SI-120 will almost definately fit.

Compatibility with the board isn't the issue. I need to know how far the heatsink extends into the case (in the dimensions listed in my first post). The SI-120 would be far too tall.

i don't have the biostar but i can voch for the heatsink, been cooling my pentium no higher then 40c with fan in my sig

Back