Anyone have an x200 Tablet?

astyler

Gawd
I'm thinking about getting one and wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them.

Is the quality similar to past thinkpads? How does the weight feel? And, do you feel that it was worth it?

Which battery did you use?

I set one up for a client and trained him on it.

What do you want to know?

Few things:

The Base for it that adds an optical drive is fucking huge. I mean it should do a lot more then it does for the size. Get the usb adapter for the optical drive instead.

If you want an evdo card get it installed from them. The one we got came from cdw with the att card in it and they shipped us a verizon card. That took way too much work to get going.

Other than that the system seems to be pretty good. The one are client has it like a 1.86 with 4 gigs of ram, xbase with dvdrw, etc. We have it running vista business 32 instead of the vista 64 it came with due to some software issues.

Order it with onenote. Onenote is like 20 bucks if you add it when you get it. This program is a much for tablets.

I've used a Latitude XT, X60t and X61t in the past. I ordered an X200t and it just arrived this afternoon. Mind you, I've only have it in my hands for 5 hours and in that time installed Win7 and all my apps/setings on it. Initial Thoughts:

Pen: Stunning. Just like other Lenovo tablets. I think Lenovo's the best in the industry for pen - very realistic feeling, great response (typical Wacom). My only complaint is that I prefer the Latitude XT's "press a button for eraser" to Lenovo's "turn hte pen upside down and use the eraser-like thing".

Touch: Mediocre. It does the trick for pointing and clicking, but I've been spoiled by the Latitude XT's capacitive touch, which is an order of magnitude or two better than this. If you want a true touchscreen, get a Dell.

Performance: This thing kills the Dell. The Dell XT and XT2 come with a max of, what, a 1.4Ghz C2D? The Latitude has an option for the L9400 and it FLIES. With 3GB of RAM, SuperPi 1M was 25s. On a low-power laptop CPU. Unbelievable.

Durability: It's built like a tank. My old Latitude D620 was built reasonably sturdy, but I was never confident picking it up by the lid. This thing, I wouldn't hesitate. The hinge is that good.

Docking Station: As others have said, it's huge. I connect it when I need the DVD-RW drive (specifically, to install apps or on the rare time when I need a burner) and would leave it in the closet (or on my desk) all other times. It nearly doubles the weight and doubles the size. I think it's worth OWNING for the optical drive so you can reinstall your OS and whatnot, but I wouldn't expect to be taking it places.

Weight is very nice - even with the 8 cell battery (which I reccomend), it's very light compared to most other laptops I've used.

In short, unless you truly demand a high-grade touchscreen, I highly reccomend it.

Back