Anyone have any luck finding an extension cord for their displays transformer brick?

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm mounting my display and the power supplies cord is not long enough.

Not sure what type of DC barrel plug is used. The calipers say it's 7.43mm outside and 5.2mm inside with no middle pin.

1653003270858.png
1653003294753.png

thats probably a 7.4mmx5mm and i dont see any extensions. you coulf buy the stuff to make one easily or even easier would be replace the other cord which is usually removeable.

Get all kinds of dangerous (but relevant) results on amazon if you search for 7.4mm dc barrel cord. ;)

can't you extend the other side that plugs into the wall?
Because I don't want the brick mounted on the wall or the arm.

I like my old dell monitors with the power supply built in. I know they can die but in 5 years if the transformer brick dies, what are the odds of being able to replace that either.

Because I don't want the brick mounted on the wall or the arm.

I like my old dell monitors with the power supply built in. I know they can die but in 5 years if the transformer brick dies, what are the odds of being able to replace that either.
100%. Transformer bricks are pretty generic.

100%. Transformer bricks are pretty generic.
I don't know it seems like a task to find one that outputs the correct power and is not a unlabeled fire hazard.
And the manufacture uses the same part number for a power supply with a 4 pin DIN DC power supply. :(
FSP330-AJAN3 https://www.fsp-ps.de/en/product/adapter/1522738490-1263.html

Support says its a 11x7.4X 5.1mm DC connector. Not seeing any that list those dimensions.

This looks close but I can't see if it has a center pin. I'd need to source cable and the socket end.

Last edited:
Support says its a 11x7.4X 5.1mm DC connector. Not seeing any that list those dimensions.

This looks close but I can't see if it has a center pin. I'd need to source cable and the socket end.
There's a datasheet and 3d models. Looks like this one has one, but it's set back about 5mm from the end of the connector. Back side is a solder cup. Page also lists the mating parts, but they all look like pcb mount, which may or may not help you. At least you can look at their drawings and see if they match what you have.

Are you sure there's no center pin on yours? It could be very short/small.

The datasheet for the mating part lists 9x7.4x5.1 as the dimensions for the plug. I'm pretty sure it's the same as what you got. ;)

There's a datasheet and 3d models. Looks like this one has one, but it's set back about 5mm from the end of the connector. Back side is a solder cup. Page also lists the mating parts, but they all look like pcb mount, which may or may not help you. At least you can look at their drawings and see if they match what you have.

Are you sure there's no center pin on yours? It could be very short/small.
Pic in OP, no center pin.

I can look at it later on the back of the monitor.

You need a new display. :p It's not dark and nothing shiny in middle.

View attachment 475463
I'm on my phone, brightness turned down -- bright stuff hurts my eyes. :p

Turned up it looks the same as your edited pic. Seems like it's the same connector but without the pin, maybe. If so, they probably have another model made by the same company. Will have to look some more.

[H] extension: Just cut wire, strip, add wire, add loose heatshrink, solder, heatshrink.
That is what I would do given the OP's requirements. additional connectors are just adding resistance and failure points.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Looking at this for my second display and what do you know... 3:09 minutes in:

Back