Anyone have the Microboard V490UHD?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment where the Korean monitors are concerned. After the hassle I went through purchasing, testing, and then especially RETURNING the Wasabi Mango Zen U400 you would think I would be DONE with direct-from-Korea Ebay TVs / monitors.

But then I found listings for the new Microboard V490UHD and I think I might try one on for size. I know that Tek Syndicate have reviewed more than one Microboard unit and were exceptionally pleased with both the construction and functionality of the sets. But no reviews on thee V490UHD yet...

On paper it sure looks tempting:

• 4K LG AH-IPS panel
  • DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0
  • Full 4:4:4 Chroma at 4K/60hz via DP or HDMI 2.0
  • 10-bit color support
Of course we have no input lag numbers but typically the previous Microboard models have pretty low numbers.

Something I really dig about the Microboard monitors is they have this super industrial design philosophy. Lots of bare metal and sharp corners.

The price recently dropped to around $750 so I might have to take one for the team and order one... :D

microboard

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I've been stuck deciding between the Wasabi Mango UHD490 and Microboard V490UHD. They both seem like solid choices for those who do dedicated task work on sufficiently-large desks.

Input lag numbers would definitely be nice, I'd love to see the two compared.

Last edited:
I've been stuck deciding between the Wasabi Mango UHD490 and Microboard V490UHD. They both seem like solid choices for those who do dedicated task work on sufficiently-large desks.

Input lag numbers would definitely be nice, I'd love to see the two compared.
I purchased a Wasabi Mango UHD490 a few days ago and while I have not yet empirically measured the input latency, I can confirm that it is above 38ms. I would not recommend this as a gaming monitor.

With regard to color reproduction and calibration, the monitor ships with a factory white point of 12,500K and abysmal color accuracy. Both of these can easily be corrected with calibration.

Maximum luminance is 350 cd/m2, dropping to about 300 cd/m2 when calibrated to 6,500K. In the absence of other monitors running simultaneously, I would simply calibrate it to 12,000K in order to preserve luminance.

I was pleased to discover that IPS glow is almost nonexistent. This serves to accentuate the panel's already excellent 1,232:1 static contrast ratio.

At viewing distances closer than 80cm, the edges of the panel begin to disappear due to the parallax effect. Unless one is at eye level with the bottom bezel, the last eight pixels of the Windows taskbar are always invisible.

Last edited:
Back