Anyone having problems installing 10.12a or 10.12?

maliclipse

Weaksauce
I even tried an uninstall and driversweeper, cleaning all registry entries by hand and whenever I install 10.12 or 10.12a in GPU-Z or in the ATI CCC it shows the driver version as 10.11.

Any other ideas on how I can clear drivers and get it to report the right thing or install the right driver?

Everybody knows that Windows must be cleaned installed before updating video card drivers.

That being said, I have installed version 10.12 and CCC displays 10.11. Looks like a typo to me.

I don't think its a typo...

Every time I try to load 10.12 or 10.12a it also installs the old version of CCC.

In the CCC information center it says the driver packaging version is 8.79.6.2-101215a-110532e, catalyst version 10.11.

I've downloaded 10.12 and 10.12a from AMDs site and drivers that were labeled 10.12 with the new CCC from guru3d.

This is incredibly wierd.

MH

From other things I've been hearing, it sounds like you've not cleared the drivers completely or still have some registry traces left that are conflicting.

Having the same issue, and I cleared the drivers before hand with driver sweeper in safe mode. Its just a bug, because I wiped and reinstalled twice to the same effect...
I mean seriously...how fracking clean do they expect it to be?

Like I said, there are reports of some ridiculously stubborn registry files that keep stuff from being done properly that need to be manually removed. Something about a 6900 being recognized as a 4800 still because of something left behind.

A reformat or fresh windows install would also do the trick.

CCC reports 10.11 here with the same driver package listed above, did my usual routine before installing the 10.12a's. Card is working properly, yes CCC is the old version. AFAIK the hotfix doesn't come with the new CCC and is indeed dated before the 10.12s actual date, my take is someone just forgot to change a number is all as the 6970 has had 0 issues and is performing comparable numbers to what others report. System doesn't recognize it as a 4800 anywhere, so I'm not sure where that issue might be arising for some folks.

GPU-Z and CCC both show 10.12 for me.

I have the 10.12 "preview" installed. This was a fresh OS installation, no older drivers installed.

i believe that if you install the 10.12a it comes with the old ccc and is based off of 10.11 and shows up as such. i am pretty sure that is what happened to my 6970 at least.

I also have the same issue, 3D applications like Lost Planet 2 and 3DMark Vantage recognize my GPU as an HD 4870 and I used Driver Sweeper and everything. It can run DX11 though with no issues with Lost Planet 2, but that's odd.

I installed the 12a drivers without ever having installed any ATI/AMD driver on my machine before, and it says it's 10.11 in the CCC.

I'm having serious issues running multiple profiles. CCC will swap to Eyefinity ( IF it remembers the correct configuration) and will crash upon attempting to hotkey swap back to my extended, day-to-day profile.

Extremely irritating.

I installed the 12a drivers without ever having installed any ATI/AMD driver on my machine before, and it says it's 10.11 in the CCC.

Same just happened to me after clearing everything and putting in my new 6950.

I think it's because the 12a hotfix uses an older build but tweaked for the 6900 series.

Oh well, hopefully an 11 series driver will be out soon.

I'm having serious issues running multiple profiles. CCC will swap to Eyefinity ( IF it remembers the correct configuration) and will crash upon attempting to hotkey swap back to my extended, day-to-day profile.

Extremely irritating.

I have found that creating the extended desktop profile first, then the eyefinity profile, seems to keep the screen order set correctly when I switch between the two. Others have said that hitting the hotswap key twice will also reset the order.

As for crashing, I don't know.

Right, and that's generall how I do it. Unfortunately, with this latest release, things haven't been as smooth. With swapping to Eyefinity, I've had everything from it working as it should, to giving me three duplicate monitors.

As for coming back to extended, I really didn't mind having to double tap my hotkey to reset the correct order, but it seems like it gets stuck in some sort of loop that required a reboot.

Im having the same problems with CCC profiles. Every time i restart my computer CCC resets to default and i have to load each profile. and switching between extended and eyefinity the desktop gets messed up sometimes. I just wish there was a way to have a profile load with startup, ive tried adding it to msconfig but to no avail

I had 10.12 first and had Black SOD when computer went to sleep mode. Install 10.12a w/o clearing the registry and the issue was still there. Out of frustration, decided to uninstall/clear registry properly with CCleaner and Driver Sweeper then everything is smooth and no more crash. I did notice that CCC states the drive is 10.11 even though I installed the hotfix. Well.. it's stable now so I don't worry about it.

This is some truly dumb shit. Maybe Nvidia has a mole working in ATI's driver division. Creative drivers sound less troublesome than this shit.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I install 6950s.

I lawled at the creative drivers comment. Nothing on this earth can approach the level of mediocrity that are creative labs drivers. I'd rather dive 1000ft in a Russian submarine, then try and install a piece of creative labs hardware. Hell, I'd volunteer to be the first man North Korea sends into space if it meant I could avoid installing those drivers.
A dinner plate balanced on the tip of a pen that's being held up by a bowl of jello offers more stability then drivers from creative labs.

I think you get my point...

I lawled at the creative drivers comment. Nothing on this earth can approach the level of mediocrity that are creative labs drivers. I'd rather dive 1000ft in a Russian submarine, then try and install a piece of creative labs hardware. Hell, I'd volunteer to be the first man North Korea sends into space if it meant I could avoid installing those drivers.
A dinner plate balanced on the tip of a pen that's being held up by a bowl of jello offers more stability then drivers from creative labs.

I think you get my point...

LOL @ the bowl of jello!!! Best creative display ever!! And I don't Creative, I mean creative....

My CCC also shows 10.11 and Anti Aliasing settings act erraticly. The consequences of being an early adopter.

I've had the same problem. Installed 10.12 and didn't even asked for reboot. Windows then wouldn't start properly.
Downloaded drivers from sapphire website and all worked fine as it did many, many times before.

Did you downloaded the Catalyst 10.12a hotfix which are specifically for HD 6900 series support?

For what it's worth, I just did a complete re-installation of my OS with a pair of 6970s and I used the installation file called:

amd_win7_vista_radeon_hd6900_8.79.6.2rc3_dec16.exe

Worked great for me.

I've had the same problem. Installed 10.12 and didn't even asked for reboot. Windows then wouldn't start properly.
Downloaded drivers from sapphire website and all worked fine as it did many, many times before.

This i had myself my xfx 6970 wouldn't work with the drivers I downloaded from AMD (not asking for a reboot ...) , installing the drivers from the cd and after downloading the new ones (10.12) from XFX did work.

Still kinda baffled how it is that the drivers wouldn't allow themselves to work, my guess is that AMD tried and gotten around some of the reviews/numbers to leak early on these drivers.

I would use my new driver to uninstall my old driver by firing it up like your going install it but pick (uninstall ) when ask which it will uninstall the old driver...

but for the last few drivers i have been useing Steam to update them and it works pretty good but you still have to get the Crossfire profiles yourself .. also i been running Cat10.12 with Eyefinity without issue on my HD5850s

This i had myself my xfx 6970 wouldn't work with the drivers I downloaded from AMD (not asking for a reboot ...) , installing the drivers from the cd and after downloading the new ones (10.12) from XFX did work.

Still kinda baffled how it is that the drivers wouldn't allow themselves to work, my guess is that AMD tried and gotten around some of the reviews/numbers to leak early on these drivers.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? 10.12a drivers are for 6900 series...NOT 10.12. Or you can use the drivers that came on the CD with the card (those are 10.12a hotfix as well).

Just in case people still can't find the link

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1012ahotfix.aspx

Oh noes! which one of those links should i use!!

I had no problems finding 12a when I searched for them, however for most people ATI has made it more difficult to install the proper drivers since the wrong ones come up on the site with no indication they are wrong. I imagine once the new drivers are released we will all want to reinstall them anyways.

Simply do like me: installled 10.12, got problems, went back to 10.11 , now i will wait for 11.01.

Man, AMD has gotta get their act together. When I go to download 6900 drivers from their site, it points me to 10.12 instead of 10.12a.
I had myself thinking something was terribly wrong with my new PC, as the recommended driver from AMD would not install properly.

Way to waste an hour of my time.

I installed the 10.12a hotfix but when I go into CCC/information centre it shows version 10.11:confused:

That's normal. I'm pretty sure these are still 10.11 drivers with 6900 support, and not 10.12. Hence why they dont' display 10.12 in CCC. Doesn't matter though, as the 10.12 drivers offer no support for 6900 series cards.

No issues here, and I just installed 10.12 after using the normal uninstall app with 10.10. Cause I have balls of steel like that.

You install 10.12, or 10.12a? Because they are very different drivers. 10.12a is for the 6900 cards, nothing else. And that's what we are discussing in this thread. 10.12a drivers are based on 10.11 with 6900 support...nothing more. 10.12 are new drivers for all the other cards, but have no support for 6900.

Going by your sig, you installed the 10.12 drivers...which from what I know display perfectly fine in CCC.

Back