Anyone hoping for a 27" HP IPS Panel (ZR27W?)

falconman515

Limp Gawd
Just curious if this may be in the works?

Dell seems to carry their 24, 27 and 30 .... but HP doesn't carry a 27 in this same business class category with a nice IPS panel.

I just purchased a ZR24W since my old Dell 2407WFP went out on me... but would love to move up to a larger 27" (since I'm not a multiple screen kinda guy at all) but the Dell 27" is way to much as is the 24" U2410.

But HP's 24" is a good monitor but a few hundred less than Dells 24" Ultrasharp.... I would love to see an HP in this class at 27" for a few hundred less than the dells as well!

Any thoughts on this or does anyone know if this size panel in this category is in the works?

Ok I guess I'm the only one hoping for it! :rolleyes:

Most here now the tech. world and from the silence I assume HP isn't yet looking into making this size monitor in the business class IPS panels.

Seems like a good addition to the lineup. I love my 30"ZR but the only downside was the price, which a 27" could cut a chunk off im sure

Well I don't think it would be a whole lot cheaper, the biggest thing with the new 27" and the 30"s are the fact that their have those massive resolutions and those panels aren't cheap. It may be a hundred cheaper but I doubt it's going to be anywhere near a few hundred less.

I'd be all over that if it were reasonably fast, and sRGB instead of wide gamut!

There is only one company making IPS panels in the 27" size, it would be the same panel as the one in the Dell and Apple monitors. Any specific reason why you need it be from HP? I guess there is a good chance that it will be less expensive than the Dell, because HP usually cuts features and price in their monitors - I seriously doubt it would be better in any way than the Dell, but it probably would be cheaper.

There is only one company making IPS panels in the 27" size, it would be the same panel as the one in the Dell and Apple monitors. Any specific reason why you need it be from HP? I guess there is a good chance that it will be less expensive than the Dell, because HP usually cuts features and price in their monitors - I seriously doubt it would be better in any way than the Dell, but it probably would be cheaper.

Cheaper...:D... exactly.... The one thing I like is that the HP doesn't have all those features, all the component, composite, s-video, media card reader, etc. I dont need all that cause I have a TV for games (which is the only reason some odd people on here use it for...why you would use a monitor for 1080p gaming is beyond me, its a PC monitor not a TV) I have a card reader on my PC an I dont need the wide gamut like Dell.

So you take all those features away stick with sRBG and you have a SOLID 27" IPS monitor at probably $200 odd dollars (give or take) from what the dell costs right now for their 27"

It would be a wicked awesome seller and I would bet money its in the works probably.

Last edited:
The panel costs more than $500. Looking at the difference in street prices between other HP monitors and the Dell equivalent (same panel) - e.g. ZR24W and U2410, this HP monitor could cost... ~$850 street price with discounts. That would mean a theoretical MSRP of $999 or more likely $1049.
Keep in mind that the ZR24W is missing more than extraneous things, it has a fixed non-sRGB (i.e. wide only) gamut, no aspect ratio control, etc. It's a business monitor and these things don't matter according to HP. I don't see why a cheaper than Dell's 27" from HP would be any different.

... it has a fixed non-sRGB (i.e. wide only) gamut, no aspect ratio control, etc. It's a business monitor and these things don't matter according to HP. I don't see why a cheaper than Dell's 27" from HP would be any different.

I think you are referring to the ZR30. The ZR24 is sRGB.

Of course, you are right about the cost. And in truth, If HP offered a ZR27 that had the same core features as the 24, I'd probably pay 800-900.

I think you are referring to the ZR30. The ZR24 is sRGB.

Of course, you are right about the cost. And in truth, If HP offered a ZR27 that had the same core features as the 24, I'd probably pay 800-900.

You are correct about the ZR30 vs ZR24 sRGB gaffe - thanks for the correction. On another point though. you could get a U2711 for $900 or less, brand new anytime from ebay or when there's a coupon at Dell, which is like every other week. Nonetheless, I agree that there is never any harm in having more competition, perhaps HP would bring something new to the table with their 27" if they made one.

By most accounts, the Dell 2711 is slow. I probably wouldn't notice (I'm using a 2005FPW now), but it kills me to spend nearly 1k on a monitor with a rep for slow response times. The HP's seem to be faster overall.

There is only one 27" IPS panel manufacturer. If HP built a 27" IPS panel, it would have the same response time.

By most accounts, the Dell 2711 is slow. I probably wouldn't notice (I'm using a 2005FPW now), but it kills me to spend nearly 1k on a monitor with a rep for slow response times. The HP's seem to be faster overall.

I'm quite an avid gamer and don't think the lag is really noticeable. Games are actually the most awesome thing about the 2711 I didn't know how I'd feel about the 16:9 aspect ratio but it's actually quite a bit more immersive than what my 2405fpw was. Response time seems better than the 2405 too since that was quite an old monitor.

My only gripe with the 2711 is the AG coating which is pretty noticable on light/white webpages.

Edit: I got it for $720 with a 15% coupon so it's quite a bit under 1k

Back