Anyone is using the "VF700-Cu" cooler?

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
Anyone is using this cooler? On which cards and is it better than the arctic coolers?

I was gonna buy one for my 6600GT but I can't use ramsinks with it... so I never bothered ordering it, I'll stick to stock (Which is the new Rev.2), it works great..

I have the Vf700-Cu on my X800XT and its wonderful.
I have it on full blast and its still barely audible to me. It keeps my card at a nice 35C idle 50c Load.

consumer9000 said:
Have you considered getting a STASIS IceStorm NV43AGP? ;)

I am interested to see a comparison between the two...

Obviously your cooler is better for space reasons, but will that decrease performance?

J-Mag said:
I am interested to see a comparison between the two...

Obviously your cooler is better for space reasons, but will that decrease performance?

By logic the statis will perform better if the case has adequate airflow.
Otherwise, it will be hampered enough to cause concern, possibly allowing the Zalman's open-air system to triumph.

I have one, on low mode it lowered my temps at idle about 7 degrees C on my XFX 6600GT AGP (partially because the stock cooler was really loose I think). I don't have a clue about the arctic though.

{NG}Fidel said:
I have the Vf700-Cu on my X800XT and its wonderful.
I have it on full blast and its still barely audible to me. It keeps my card at a nice 35C idle 50c Load.
Did you use the thermal paste that came with it? Or did you buy another brand's thermal paste?

I have one on an eVGA 6800GT and I am very impressed with the results. My loaded temperatures dropped approximately sixteen degrees over stock.

I used some AS5 I had laying around, but the gunk they ship should be fine if you do not have any thermal compound.

setscrew said:
I have one on an eVGA 6800GT and I am very impressed with the results. My loaded temperatures dropped approximately sixteen degrees over stock.

I used some AS5 I had laying around, but the gunk they ship should be fine if you do not have any thermal compound.

I just got an evga 6800 GT and the fan connector is 2 pin while the one on the VF700 is 3 pin. Any coolers with a 2 pin connector? My fan cable got a little messed up during removal (thought I could just use the VF700)

figured this would not be a problem, as the zalman website has this card under the compatable listing.

scratch the above, I forgot it doesnt plug directly into the card, but into the fan controller, doh!

Did you use the thermal paste that came with it? Or did you buy another brand's thermal paste?

Well I used AS5 and atop of that I have exceptional cooling to begin with.
So it explains my temps. But even still I doubt the temps compared to mine will increase very much. maybe 6c at most in load and idle.

Back