Anyone know what 'chameleon manager' is?

devil22

2[H]4U
I was messing around in task scheduler when I noticed something called 'chameleon manager' was set to load at start up, located in "c:\program files (x86)\common\chameleon manager\" - the details view from properties on the monitor.exe in that directory says it's made by NeoSoft Tools. I went to their web site and it is constructed to at least look legit, but that's not saying much. When I run the monitor.exe from that directory nothing happens. There is a language file, and it seems to have messages of a task manager replacer or something. Scanned with MSE it didn't find anything, so anyone know wth this thing is because I sure don't remember downloading it and it's odd that the .exe does nothing when executed..?

Edit: I should add, this 'program' has no add/remove item in programs and features, and it doesn't appear that monitor.exe is running in task manager. Also scanned with malware bytes, and it found nothing either..

Last edited:
Yea, same information that's on the NeoSoft web page, but I just don't get it, I definitely did not install this, and it does nothing when executed. Really wondering how it got on my system, but I guess I'll never know..

Every month or two I go though the programs and features control panel for that very reason.

I pay close attention when I install application, like everyone I have my moments good, bad, and tired, even then things slip in. I understand nothing is truly free. The cost of some utilities is that they offer to install crap making the publisher money to recover costs.

If it is straight forward and I get to click NO or Decline fine and good. Sadly that is not always the case.

Back