Anyone order from geeks.com?

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
Was thinking of placing an order with them but never have so wanted to get an idea of how they are...

Not the fastest shippers but they sell what they advertise. Bought two PCI-E Tuners off them and they are still working to this day.

Was thinking of grabbing some debranded refurb HP monitors from them. About half the price I've found them new elsewhere.

Bought 2 refurb routers from them one time to setup a DD-WRT WDS network. I don't recall shipping being slow or anything, got what I ordered.I don't hold this against Geeks but both routers fried in a lightning storm within 6 months even though they were attached to surge protectors. Bought regular retail routers and haven't had a problem since and they have been through several storms at least as strong as the one that killed the others.

Bought 2 refurb routers from them one time to setup a DD-WRT WDS network. I don't recall shipping being slow or anything, got what I ordered.I don't hold this against Geeks but both routers fried in a lightning storm within 6 months even though they were attached to surge protectors. Bought regular retail routers and haven't had a problem since and they have been through several storms at least as strong as the one that killed the others.

same surge protector...? or did you replace that after the incident...?

I bought a refurb 780i from them and a refurb gtx 260. Both were dirt cheap and still kicking.

Cool thanks for the input guys, i checked reseller ratings too and they had a pretty decent rating there some "horror" stories about getting refunds/rma's but that was basically it.

I ended up deciding against getting this.. The disclosure thing was alittle scary with what they would take a return on it for...

I have bought several things from them, discrete graphics cards, power supplies, fans, & their customer service is pretty good.

Bought a bunch from them in the past, great site, i agree that shipping can be pretty slow...

I've made a couple dozen orders from them over the years. They do honor warranties, but don't expect newegg level service. I have no problem recommending geeks.com to technical users.

Most of the veterans here have been shopping there for many years.

They used to be known as CompGeeks.

Yeah I bought a ton from them back then. Often stuff I had no use for, but couldnt resist the price! Only occasional purchases now, usually on sale items, as I can match their regular prices @ many other stores.

Make sure you read the listings well, as they sell a lot of USED and REFURB.
Shipping is slow. I have never had an issue with a return, but I hear their policies have changed.

Great site, not the fastest at shipping but I've never had a single problem with them.

Great site, not the fastest at shipping but I've never had a single problem with them.
I usually get stuff the next day when I order from there since they're so close. UPS is just really slow to most parts of the country.

been shopping there for years, shipping is ok, not fast but its decent. I mainly bought refurbs from there too, the reputable brands work fine to this day. But the really cheap-no name products died out on me already. Computer parts from them work to this day as well. and Customer service is pretty good too.

Last edited:
I've bought several items from them, no issues. Shipping has been slow at times.

That monitor looks like a good deal, been needing a TV for my bedroom. I should be able to connect the HDMI cable from the cable box and that should be it right?

This makes me a bit nervous though...

Disclosures:
LCD displays may have cosmetic imperfections that appear as small bright or dark spots. This is common to all LCD displays used in products by all vendors and is not specific to any vendor or brand. Below are the acceptable amounts of "dot defects" for LCD displays that we sell:
26-Inch to 28-Inch:
Total Defects: 8
Bright or Dark Dots (random): 4
Bright or Dark Dots (2 adjacent): 2
Bright or Dark Dots (3 adjacent): 0
Minimum distance between defects: 15 mm (bright to bright dots)
Minimum distance between defects: 5 mm (dark to dark dots)

Back