Anyone own a Samsung T220? What settings are you using?

graysky

Gawd
I just bought one and I'm not sure I have the thing setup properly. Running @ 1680x1050 @ 60 Hz from my 8800GTS. I have brightness=100 and contrast=75 (not using magicbright or magiccolor). I'm using mode2 for gamma and RTA on mode 2. I found both the magicbright and magiccolor options to be odd when viewing webpages with light colored backgrounds.

Anyway, if you reply, can you include the settings you find to be good and as well, let me know if your display had light bleed. Mine has it on the top/bottom when viewing a black background.

glowha3.gif

Thanks.

Yeah the T240. It's 5 ms I believe which is a bit slower... this one is great for gaming. My only complaint is the bleed around the top/bottom. I'm gonna keep it anyway. Paid $269+tax at a local store... newegg has it for $299 w/ a $30 mail in rebate but shipping is $21 for me so it's more or less a break even local vs. mail order.

Just bought a T220 and have been using it for a few hours now. This is my first LCD, and im coming from a 17" CRT.

I too have backlight bleeding top and bottom, and to be honest it's a bit more than i thought there would be. My settings are as follows: Gamma=Mode2, RTA=Mode2, Brightness=55, Contrast=57, Color Tone=Warm. I use this monitor in a low light environment and have fairly sensitive eyes, thus the gentle settings. I'll try to get pic of the bleeding up soon. All in all though not too bad so far.

I think the bleed is ubiquitous the T220. Not that big a problem I suppose. You might wanna try using dynamic contrast. TO me it gives the best quality images once you get used to it. Kind of a pain in the ass though when switching to shells w/ black backgrounds though.

Back