Anyone picking up the new Hitman for 360 today?

StorageJoe

Limp Gawd
I'm thinking about swinging into best buy and grabbing this during lunch. I played the previous games on Xbox and liked them a lot. Anyone else picking this up?

I was thinking about picking it up. It looks pretty cool however I have never played the previous titles...

Anyone have any reviews?

I played the demo but found it a little tedious. You seemed to have to do everything the way the game wanted. Almost every step of it seemed like the game was forcing me to do something I had a different approach for.
Is the actual game like that? I haven't played any since the demo for the first game many years ago.

thats because its the tutorial. i played PC version and found at least 2 ways to kill each target on all the other levels (some levels had multiple targets). ill still get it for the 360 cause i like it that much and the PC version had a couple bugs that prevented me from earning the perfect silent assasin rating. plus the control scheme is better for the 360 and although dumb, gotta get some acheivement points.

No it can be very open ended. If you look at a few different walkthroughs (there isn't many) they all have there differences.

Domingo said:
I played the demo but found it a little tedious. You seemed to have to do everything the way the game wanted. Almost every step of it seemed like the game was forcing me to do something I had a different approach for.
Is the actual game like that? I haven't played any since the demo for the first game many years ago.

The demo was just a tutorial level introducing you to the controls and movement. Other levels of the game wont be like that. :cool:

I'm waiting on some [H]ard opinions. I am a fan of the previous games though and I'm starting to itch for a new game.

3WAYsplit said:
The demo was just a tutorial level introducing you to the controls and movement. Other levels of the game wont be like that. :cool:

Right on, just making sure. I assumed it was part tutorial, but wasn't sure if the game was just like that, only it didn't tell you exactly what to do.
I figure I'll wait for some reviews. I'm thinking of building a new PC soon, so I don't think I'll be buying anything on a whim at the moment!

Anyone know if the PC version is the same graphically as the 360 version? I just wanna know if getting the 360 one is worth the extra $20.

I picked it up yesterday on my way home from work. So far it's pretty sweet. Very open ended in how you complete the missions. I could see a lot of replay in this trying to go through th missions again and get a higher score.

I'll wait til it's a platinum hit. I find it hard to justify most single player titles anymore.

Glad I downloaded this game 1st. The game was poor IMO. The sound effects and music don't flow well in the game. I can't tell if that is the background music or if somebody has spotted me and is calling for help.

They seem to play off the fact that they use harsh profanity in the game. I don't mind the came using adult language however when its every other word, it just becomes childish.

The game just played and looked bad.

Really??? I think this game has more replay value than any other game I've bought for the 360 with the exception of Battlefield. The demo is nothing like the final product.

Just seemed really ghetto and not fun when I played the demo. Sniper rifles are horrible. I guess Graw set the bar a bit high for me. Sorry.

I'm playing it right now and loving it, and the only level I noticed "ghetto" style profanity was in the first one. Usually the way I play I never hear anything but a choke and gurgle from enemies. It's much more open-ended than the demo, and on your first real level after the tutorial you feel at a loss for what to do at first.

Definitely top-notch if you enjoy killing, I just can't figure out how to kill someone in bed.

dmonkey said:
Definitely top-notch if you enjoy killing, I just can't figure out how to kill someone in bed.

Little things like that have always annoyed me about the Hitman series. Sure, there are a lot of ways to go about completing the missions, but when you get close to the NPCs, the play-control breaks down into pre-programmed nonsense.

The AI sees you and runs point blank to your face & then what does he do...he stands there for 30 seconds before he draws a weapon.

i like the game a lot. of course you have to suspend your belief for a lot of it, but the replay value is absolutely incredible. everytime i go through it (on professional), theres a different opoprtunity to kill someone a different way or to proceed a different way. definitely not the best game of all time, but still very fun and will tide me over until the 07 football and hockey games come out...not to mention n3, enchanted arms, gears, etc

I thought it was a very interesting game, although I think the graphics in it are a little bit.. sub par for such a modern game. They are like a crappy version of Doom 3 graphics.

I found it very easy to sneak around without making too many mistakes once I mastered the control scheme. At first, it is a little awkward on the PC if you are accustomed to most FPS games. My only complaint was that it was a little on the short side (probably took me less than 10 hours to finish it). However, the ending more than made up for this once I figured it out.

Back