Anyone recommend a laptop mount for the car?

I have been searching and searching... I need a laptop mount for my car for GPS... I drive an STI... so I would prefer something *lighter*... Been searching ebay and found 1 or 2 but they are either 80+lbs or bulky as hell.... anyone have any ideas on how one might make one or anything like that? I also do NOT want to drill it into my floor.

Thanks for the help! :)

-Nigel

your just gonna use it for gps? y not use the lap for engine readings etc

As of right now my car is mostly stock... Until I go back up to my home town most of the aftermarket stuff I have will is just chilling in my room...lol I would most likely use it as a data logger as well, but for the time being I just want to be able to have a mount for my laptop so that I can use my street's 2k5 with my little gps receiever... I tried putting the laptop on the passenger seat and it doesn't stay put, and when i hit a bump or speedbump there goes the laptop falling off the seat...

-Nigel

have you thought of replacing your cd deck with an LCD deck and wiring it so that you only have to say plug your laptop in?

I have thought about that but the only problems I would face would be that I lose a 6 dash in-cd player, and that I would have to stare at a 6-7 inch screen... I have THE WORST sense of direction... I've tried the little GPS systems out there Garmin touch screen etc... I can't do it because they are slow and tiny...

-Nigel

www.mobiledesk.com has a good selection. I've ordered 6 of them for my employer and they work great. We go the model that requires no drilling, you just remove the front passanger seat bolt, slide a bracket in, and rescrew it down. then, when not needed, you just remove the post and all that's noticeable is a relatively small bracket on the floor.

Back