Anyone remember the soyo rebates from 2.5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda634

[H]ard|Gawd
Today, I got a surprise check from Soyo -- remember the 2 FAR motherboards from 2004 where everyone got fucked on the rebates? Well, got my check today, after two and a half years. Oddly enough, I had already gotten them to send me $65 back when the issue was still current, but the check today was for $185, the total amount of all the rebates.

Anyone else get one of these? I just looked at the BBB complaint I had filed, and there was a resolution posted on March 28th that the checks were getting mailed.

I had completely forgotten about it until that check showed up in my mailbox this morning.

I'm wondering if I only got it because I complained to BBB? Or because I got lucky, or what?

A festivus miracle!

I'm still waiting for the $45 MS owes me as part of the CA settlement a couple of years ago. :rolleyes:

Since I missed what happened, anyone want to give the short'n sweet on what went down?

A few years back I submitted a rebate twice. Quite innocent on my part, but I got two $100 rebate checks back in the same week. Was on a cell phone through Amazon. Oh, the good times!! :D

Augustish 2004, there were two Soyo motherboards offered (one at newegg, one at zipzoomfly) free after manufacturer MIRs. Consequently, everyone went out and bought one or both of them. A few months later, everyone was like "what the fuck, where's my money" and started checking up on it. On verifyrebate.com (some clearinghouse for soyo rebates) no one's rebates were showing up. Calling got nowhere, and filing with the BBB got nowhere. Essentially, everyone bought these FAR motherboards and Soyo fucked them for the purchase price.

They claimed they sent out my rebates...but I never received them. I escalated it to the BBB and eventually to the Attorney General of California.

I would love to get my 200 or so bucks. Hope I put my father's address and not some college address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back