Anyone RMA their 8800GT to eVGA lately?

If so, what card did you get back?

Mine just died tonight only lasting 11 months. It sucks, but I have a busy week of school ahead of me so I won't be on the computer much anyway.

I sent mine in and they sent me back a GTX 280!!!!!!!!!

You should not expect more than an 8800gt back.

I sent mine in and they sent me back a GTX 280!!!!!!!!!

You should not expect more than an 8800gt back.

I'm definitely not expecting anything more than that. I have the regular 8800GT and wondering if they'll send back a dual slot version? Maybe the 8800GTS?

Wouldn't they most likely send back a 8800gt since they are still in production?

If so, what card did you get back?

Mine just died tonight only lasting 11 months. It sucks, but I have a busy week of school ahead of me so I won't be on the computer much anyway.

Usually, the best thing is really to expect the exact same card back. Regardless if the card is still in production or not. ;)

if its out of production they will send you a refurb back. how long ago did the 8800gt drop? about a year? maybe a little mo?

ive rma'ed 4 evga cards so far in the last 2 years.. and they usually return a card of close to same value of the card when you bought it.. first rma'ed evga card was a stock clocked 8800GT they sent me back an 8800GTS 512mb instead.. then i killed my evga 8800GT OC.. they sent me an 8800GTX.. ended up selling that card.. then i helped rma a friends 8800GT and instead his lucky sorry butt got a 9800GT back.. and then i killed my 8800GTS they sent me back another 8800GTS.. guess i couldnt get that lucky so many times.. and in the end i needed the money more then the performance and sold it.. and stuck with the 1 and only 8800GT that ive yet to kill.. even though i almost did a few weeks ago.. :p evga and BFG are very good about their RMA's.. though i think EVGA tends to try harder to keep their customers happy then BFG but they both have a kick arse RMA service..

Usually, the best thing is really to expect the exact same card back. Regardless if the card is still in production or not. ;)

Sadly, I've been downgraded.

I sent back one with the newer, bigger fan and eVGA managed to send back one with the older, noisier fan. Great job guys at eVGA! :rolleyes:

Clearly I'm not happy at all about this...

Jon,

I tried giving you a call today. Please either email me so we can get this resolved.

jcrimmins(a)evga.com

:eek: EVGA reading the forums?

Got a litlle hint here too: European MSRP prices still suck and thus does the step-up programm in Europe. You almost always end up paying €50 too much compared to the USA programm.

At least you get a step-up program.

In Australia, eVGA has no step-up program and only a 1-year warranty on all their graphics cards and motherboards.

Which is why I always pass them up for Gigabyte or Asus branded hardware which comes with a standard 3 year warranty

In Australia, eVGA has no step-up program and only a 1-year warranty on all their graphics cards and motherboards.

Which is why I always pass them up for Gigabyte or Asus branded hardware which comes with a standard 3 year warranty

Awww... you guys lost at the cricket as well :p
We've got the eVGA step-up here in India as well.

JonJon contacted me and the appropriate individuals were informed regarding his issue. :)

EVGA does read forums. ;)

Well, that sucks. At least in Europe the law gives you three years warranty :D

But with the step-up prices in Europe the programm is almost useless, since you could just sell your old card and buy a new one for the same price.

:eek: EVGA reading the forums?

Yep. I've seen Joe Darwin in here quite a bit.

It's why I buy eVGA. Well, I do sometimes buy XFX if I'm sure I'm keeping the card awhile so I can transfer the warranty when I sell it on FS/FT. That double lifetime deal is nice too.

Yup. Joe Darwin is a great guy!

It's a shame that the European manager, Hans-Wolfram Tismer, is the opposite :mad:

ive rma'ed 4 evga cards so far in the last 2 years.. and they usually return a card of close to same value of the card when you bought it.. first rma'ed evga card was a stock clocked 8800GT they sent me back an 8800GTS 512mb instead.. then i killed my evga 8800GT OC.. they sent me an 8800GTX.. ended up selling that card.. then i helped rma a friends 8800GT and instead his lucky sorry butt got a 9800GT back.. and then i killed my 8800GTS they sent me back another 8800GTS.. guess i couldnt get that lucky so many times.. and in the end i needed the money more then the performance and sold it.. and stuck with the 1 and only 8800GT that ive yet to kill.. even though i almost did a few weeks ago.. :p evga and BFG are very good about their RMA's.. though i think EVGA tends to try harder to keep their customers happy then BFG but they both have a kick arse RMA service..

So you're the reason why there is a built in "RMA margin" in their cards prices. :p Stop abusing your cards! I've had three since 2006 and haven't sent any back - they're nearly indestructable under NORMAL use. I'd tell you to pee off, but they're nicer than me. ;)

Yep, I contacted RussianHAXOR for advice on the situation.

Well, I was in contact with Jake but he hasn't responded to me since yesterday. Not sure what's going on.

I installed the card I was sent in the meantime to finally try out this L4D demo (which kicks ass btw) I've had. The card gets TOASTY and doesn't seem like the fan is adjusting with temps? After about 15 mins of gameplay my game freezes and I have to reboot. When I manually adjust fan speed via Rivatuner (75% which is LOUD) the same thing happens after 30 mins of TF2 play. This is with stock clocks.

Before playing I made sure I updated the BIOS on the card and had the latest drivers installed (178.24--dl'd from Nvidia.com). Good news is I'm able to use my desktop again, bad news- I just can't game for more than 30 mins.

Yep, I contacted RussianHAXOR for advice on the situation.

Well, I was in contact with Josh but he hasn't responded to me since yesterday. Not sure what's going on.

I installed the card I was sent in the meantime to finally try out this L4D demo (which kicks ass btw) I've had. The card gets TOASTY and doesn't seem like the fan is adjusting with temps? After about 15 mins of gameplay my game freezes and I have to reboot. When I manually adjust fan speed via Rivatuner (75% which is LOUD) the same thing happens after 30 mins of TF2 play. This is with stock clocks.

Before playing I made sure I updated the BIOS on the card and had the latest drivers installed (178.24--dl'd from Nvidia.com). Good news is I'm able to use my desktop again, bad news- I just can't game for more than 30 mins.

My 8800u was awesome until playing L4D Demo as well.. now I'm RMAing it since all I get is nvlddmkm error while playing the game.

Back