Anyone running multiple USB tuners?

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
I have a Hauppauge HVR-950Q. It works perfect for my needs.

But I am thinking of adding a second tuner Maybe a HVR-850.

Is anyone doing this? Any issues/conflicts. Can you individual set the channels on each in WMC (I am thinking of different antennas on each).

I'm running two usb ati digital cable card tuners and haven't had any problems except if you are recording back to back shows, wmc will only use one tuner and part of one show may end up on another. As far as i know there is no way to set which tuner wmc uses.

I have two in my media center PC. One is the Happauge Win-TV HVR and the other is the AverTV HD Duet. They both run fine and have had no issues thus far. They are both dual tuner cards so I'm at the WMC limit of 4 tuners. I've never had a problem, even while 4 shows are recording at the same time.

As far as assigning channels to a specific tuner, I don't know about that and I couldn't find much of anything online (with a simple google search). WMC seems to do a pretty good job of handling that on it's own.

when you do the setup you in wmc you can exclude channels from certain tuners. The signal strength test gets run per tuner and there you can disable channels.

i never had much luck with the hauppauge usb tuners though, the install would get lost every other month and i'd have to unplug them and manually force them to install again, got annoying.

Back