Anyone use Asus Ai Booster for overclocking?

rschissler

Weaksauce
Anyone use the Asus AI Booster utility for overclocking?

It's part of the Ai Suite on the CD, and it says you can use it to make overclocking settings from this Windows program instead of from the BIOS.

Also, has anyone tried the Ai Gear, Ai Nap, and Ai N.O.S. programs just for fun?

Nope, whats the point? you still have to reboot in order for changes to take affect

AI booster is crap its like Nvidia Ntune its good for people who have never seen this forum but with some reading and a little participant help you can do much better with BIOS settings.

I recon 2 achiev a serious oc you need to go through bios, and thats the end of it for now, till they(intel/amd) think of something better:D

Use the bios and this forum. People here will help you out very good. I know because two months ago I knew nothing about DIY pc's. Now I know a damn lot more. Herefore I also have to thank Asus for making a buggy mobo and giving zero support with it. I have it now 100% stable doing manual settings.

Also there is a guide from nVidia for overclocking the 680i. But it's very good to get the basics for each mobo and to understand what you are doing.

The Ai stuff is buggy. Better learn to do it manually. It's not that hard, just have patience because after each chance you have to test it.

PS: Also when you gonna ask questions about oc'ing. Put your pc specs in your signature like the rest. So others know what you are running and it's easier to help you.

aibooster is garbage, ive only seen 1-2 people use it and get decent overclocks. for me it screwed up more then it helped. just another program to run and take up system resources and crash all the time.

Well, first of all, which board do you use????and with which processor???/

The post above me has good advice if you have a 680i/650i board. nVidia has a very excellent guide posted on their web site concerning OC, you can google it too.

I tried the ASUS OC software for fun and it is really weak......it will try to adjust a bunch of things all at once, so if it doesnt work, you dont really know what the culprit was.

There is no better way than using the bios and gradually adjusting settings to achieve your goals.

The one thing that ASUS has that is good is the CPR deal. It resets the bios for you if an OC fails so you dont have to do it manually. (reverts it back to the defaults if I recall correctly.)

The one thing that ASUS has that is good is the CPR deal. It resets the bios for you if an OC fails so you dont have to do it manually. (reverts it back to the defaults if I recall correctly.)
You are correct and this actually works fine from bios 0901 (Asus Striker Extreme). I know from experience :D

I think a better alternative to the Asus Ai Booster would be clockgen.
It's an excellent tool to determine the limit of your CPU by changing the motherboard FSB and CPU clock on the fly.

No need reboot your computer everytime you want to change the FSB in the bios. Once you figure out what frequency your CPU can run at, just go back in the bios for a permanent change.

I have a P5B Deluxe and a Intel E6400.

I did some overclocking yesterday from the BIOS up to 3.2GHz with no errors from Orthos. I set the FSB to 400 and the VCORE to 1.4v, except CPU-Z and PC-Probe display it at 1.36v. My RAM is Corsair 6400C4 and I wasn't sure what setting it should have, but I set the DDR2 speed to 800Mhz and the voltage to 2.15v.

I have a Scythe Infinity cooler and good airflow in my case, but am a little dissappointed in my temps. At 3.2GHz, idle was 47-49C and Orthos stressed was 58-59C. I'm sure these temps are fine, but my case fans were running full RPM's. I want to lower them to have a quieter case. When I installed the Inifinity, I didn't think the heatsink was flawless, and I wonder if it would help to lap it. Yes, I used the Arctic Silver 5.

As to my original posting about the AI Suite, I don't see much advantage, since you have to reboot the system for it to take effect.

I used the AI Booster with my ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi and a core2duo e6400. I took it to the max of 400fsb and everything went smooth (though i started to have cooling issues). Since I've started using the bios so i can try to take it past 400fsb

Back