Anyone use the ZALMAN Reserator 1 Plus?

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
I did a search but not many results came up. How many are using this and what do you think of it? I currently have a black Wavemaster case and am considering converting to watercooling in the near future. I think it would look good next to the case. I just want to find out if there are any problems with it and if it does a good job cooling.

Thanks

I've been using the Reserator 1 Plus for a couple of weeks now.
It's very well made.
Very easy to assemble.
You can't hear it.
It works very well.
I bought this system because my case cooling wasn't the greatest. I have a Lian Li v2000B and was using a Thermaltake xp120 for the CPU and a Vanec Iceberq 5 for the GPU. The Reserator gives me 2C lower at idle and 3C or so lower with a load--CPU
On the GPU side it made more of a difference, 4C idle, 5ish with a load.
Basically I would recommend this system to someone who wants to keep basically the same temps as air with no noise, or like me, their case ain't the greatest for air cooling.
I don't really overclock too much so that isn't a factor for me. If you are an overclocker I would look at something else.
Depending on what type of case you have I wouldn't expect a big difference in temps, just noise.
I've experimented with a putting a regular household fan blowing on the Reserator; that yielded about a 1C drop.
Overall I would buy this product again.
Hopefully this answers some of your questions.

Take care,

Jeff

If you use a household fan, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of silence bring by the zalman?

I wonder if letting the reserator sit outside in -30* weather will drop the temps dramatically.. :D

Happy Hoopty

Key word "experimented."

Didn't buy it because of silence. Read the post.

Thanks for playing.

Now go annoy someone else.

Jeff

Back