Anyone using Accelero X1 in an X-Qpack?

rei

Limp Gawd
My VF700-Alcu + 7800GT's melting at 50C idle/100C load so I'm looking to get something that actively exhausts heat. Any opinions?

Artic Silencer if you can afford to use a double-slot cooler. Watercooling? 50c?, That is what I get w/ the copper stock cooler.

can't get the vf900 here locally yet. besides i need to pump air out. i think the silencer 5 v3 is what i need. is it a bear to get in the x-pack?

rei said:
My VF700-Alcu + 7800GT's melting at 50C idle/100C load so I'm looking to get something that actively exhausts heat. Any opinions?

If you're looking for something to actively exhaust the heat you should consider the NV Silencer 5 rev3. The Accelero X1 doesn't activly remove the heat from the case so it's not as good a choice for your sff.

Also use it with Riva Tuner for the best bang for your buck.

rei said:
can't get the vf900 here locally yet. besides i need to pump air out. i think the silencer 5 v3 is what i need. is it a bear to get in the x-pack?
Looks like an easy fit to me

Qpack-2.jpg

(Dworly's qpack)

thanks for the pic, i'd been looking for one. i read some time ago there was some clearance problem in the screws on the backplate sliding in though...

Does the NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 3) cool better than stock and the Accelero X1?

Actually, I think I remmeber dworley having some fuss, when he tried to get the x850xt in there. He said you had like wiggle the support bar or something. The point is, is that the Artic Cooler may be somethig you need.

I had an AC Silencer on my X850XT and was getting 65c on load. Swapped to a VF700-Cu and down to 58c under load, higher overclocks and quieter. System temps have risen around 1c. The Zalman imho is the better option

That temperature for a VF-700AlCu is too high for such a cooler, are you sure you installed it right? 7800gt's aren't known as hot cards, so I think you either installed it wrong, or have a faulty heatsink. I have a VF-700Cu on my X850XT in my Shuttle and it idles at 27c and loads at 48c.

(sigh) i just found out that the fan on the 7800gt can't be adjusted.

after spending 2 hours bolting on my silencer (attaching was easy, maneuvering in the x-qpack was another issue entirely) and then finding out the fan wouldn't start since the center of it was stopped by the pcb of the sb2 audigy. wedged a small rubber fan mount to separate the two cards and all

damn.

(sigh) temps are 20 degrees cooler idle now. <45c will see how load is.

the system isn't as silent as i'd like but at least it's a very very low hum i guess, even at 100%.

the passive 7600gs i have on order hasn't arrived yet...

holy crap, that's what normal temps look like. 60c on load with lost coast stress test.
i think the silent clocking down of the speed sometimes works sometimes doesn't on power on.

So the high temps were because the fan was stopped? Whats the best cooling for a 7900GT/GTX?

the high temps were when i had the vf700-alcu and didn't vent out air.

in an inwin v523t, it ran at 40-70-80 with the zalman.

in the x-qpack it was choking from all the hot air. 60 idle, 105 load.

with the ac silencer it's somewhat better, 40-50 idle 70-80 load.

the fan not starting is due to the audigy getting in the way. had to force the cards apart.

Back