Anyone wanna design logos for money?

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a few logos I need designed for some businesses. Heres a description of the businesses and their names:

TMG
Sub-company of The Mawardi Group, www.themawardigroup.com
Promotions and Marketing Company

Scoop Bar and Grill
College bar and grill located in Orlando, FL catering to students who go to UCF in Orlando.
Current site: www.scooporlando.com

Deko Lounge
Hookah Lounge and Bar located in Orlando, FL catering to mostly college students just like Scoop, but will be nicer with no food served
No current information

Whoever wins the design contracts for their submissions will be awarded 50$ or more per logo depending on the creativity and professionalism of the logo....

You can email me at mattyvac at gmail dot com with submissions.

Thanks

Sounds like fun, but you're not going to get a lot of takers by only offering pocket-change compensation like this. I would really expect to spend at least a grand per branding-scheme if you want anything remotely professional looking.

Three or four hundred would be the bare minimum if you want to go on the cheap. Just fyi.

Sounds like fun, but you're not going to get a lot of takers by only offering pocket-change compensation like this. I would really expect to spend at least a grand per branding-scheme if you want anything remotely professional looking.

Three or four hundred would be the bare minimum if you want to go on the cheap. Just fyi.

x2

'usuallly' in this business, or any type of design industry for that matter, people don't work for free :p (meaning that even if a customer doesn't like design "a", they're still paying for the hours spent working on it)

With that said, I usually do logos for friends and relatives for around 100.00-150.00 a wack. Otherwise, I charge between 30-40/hr depending on the work. You could probably find a student or something that would be willing to make one for ya at a decent price. Check devient art and such :)

Yeah, most pro designers are $50-90/hr for branding design. And the entire process: from the vision data-gathering meetings w/ client, brainstorming, sketching, final illustration, presentation, edits, final approval, and final implementation - could take anywhere from 12 to 80 hours, depending on the complexity and amount of materials needed for the complete brand; also can depend a lot how well the client has their act together.

It's not easy work by a long shot.

I don't see how writing my post in caps detracted from my point in any way. In fact, that sort of was the point, see.

Jerky-knees.

Ok, this is what we in the industry would call spec work. Meaning that it is speculative in nature.

Say you're a network admin and a potential client says to you: "I need a network set up in my office. If you come in and do the work AND I like it I will pay you a nominal fee that is well under accepted industry standards."

Not such an attractive proposal is it? And that is why the more experienced designers out there wouldn't touch this with a 10 meter cattle prod.

You may find a fledgling designer willing to spec it out for your minimal price or even an amateur but I guarantee the results will be less than satisfactory in the long run. Remember your company logo is your face to the world. This is how your potential clientele will remember and judge you at a glance. This will be on all your marketing collateral from here on out. This is one major way to distinguish your company from the myriad other companies competing for your clients business.

There is a reason why large companies spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on their initial branding, and that is because it has to be perfect!

If you are interested in working with someone who will help provide you with a quality image to bring to market in these uncertain times and decide you have a bit more budget you may PM me.

Back