Anyone want million+ Gigabytes HD Storage System?

The internet wayback machine does something similar, unsure about their scale however.

An off site location with a really honking wide WAN pipe between the two locations. Like a direct fiber link It would be backing up constantly :eek:

Interesting to see that they use so much parity. 2400 500 gb disks is 1.2 PB. I wonder if they use RAID to keep it intact, or if it has some other strategy.

And what the heck is up with the pricing? $250k for 480 TB, or $4000k for 1000TB? I'll take two of the first one, thanks - heck, give me three! Unless that's a typo, their price structure needs some more examining :eek:

unhappy_mage said:
Interesting to see that they use so much parity. 2400 500 gb disks is 1.2 PB. I wonder if they use RAID to keep it intact, or if it has some other strategy.

And what the heck is up with the pricing? $250k for 480 TB, or $4000k for 1000TB? I'll take two of the first one, thanks - heck, give me three! Unless that's a typo, their price structure needs some more examining :eek:
Perhaps there is a large difference in the space requirements and/or operating and maintainance costs?

unhappy_mage said:

Looks like a typo. It says 96 drives for 480 TB. Unless my math is wrong, 96*500 = 48,000 GB, 48 TB, not 480.

Back