Anyone want pics/mini review of to ROKR?

TekieB

[H]ard|Gawd
My dad just got the ROKR phone, and if there is interest I can post some stuff about it, etc...

any interest?

yeah, SJ said the sound was "quite good actually" from the built in speakers. I'd be curious to see what your take was on that.

How do you all think the ROKR compares to a phone like the Audiovox SMT 5600 Smartphone? Both phones let you listen to music so I figure they might want to go toe to toe.

Well the thing is with the ROKR is was kinda designed around the music portion. That smartphone just has the capability to play music. So I dunno if its fair to compare the two.

Kinda designed around sound about sums it up. It takes forever to transfer music to it because of its usb 1.1 connection, doesn't hold that many songs, not upgradeable, and cannot purchase music from the phone.

I dont think Steve wants it to take sales away from the iPod so its a crippled device.

danman said:
Kinda designed around sound about sums it up. It takes forever to transfer music to it because of its usb 1.1 connection, doesn't hold that many songs, not upgradeable, and cannot purchase music from the phone.

I dont think Steve wants it to take sales away from the iPod so its a crippled device.

It is upgradeable. It uses a microSD card. So it can hold more songs. Oh well though, I think its a decent first try.

no, even if you upgrade it to a higher capacity card the firmware is locked to only allow 100 songs no matter what.

darkhorse said:
no, even if you upgrade it to a higher capacity card the firmware is locked to only allow 100 songs no matter what.
That's dumb, why would they do that? Apple just needs to make their own cell phone.

The third party firmware guys are already working on a workarround for the 100 songs...

and expect the review/pics somtime tomorow when I have a chance to sit down and think

Back