Anyone who got free fans with their Antec case recently...

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently got a P182 and Antec tossed in 3 free tri-cool fans because the batch installed in the case had some defective ones that had an issue on "low" settings. Of course I threw away the paper explaining WHY I got free fans. Is the issue that the fans don't start when on low? My exhaust (rear, top works fine) and lower chamber fans don't start most of the time. I usually realize this when looking at hardware monitor and seeing my HDD at 49-50C instead of 42 :rolleyes:

From what I remember with my Three Hundred, they had a QC issue with the fans making a whining noise when on the low setting. I don't think it was an issue with starting up, but I might be incorrect.

I just got a Mini P180 and noticed the rear fan wasn't spinning on the low setting when I opened up the case, I touched the blades and it started up. I never got any free fans though...

my antec three hundred came with 3 fans.. with no issues thus far.. fileserver sits next to my bed and i cant hear them.. though i do have them all running on medium.. have 1 on top 1 on the back 1 on the front..

From what I remember with my Three Hundred, they had a QC issue with the fans making a whining noise when on the low setting. I don't think it was an issue with starting up, but I might be incorrect.

Ah yeah that's what I thought it was, but with my fans not starting I figured maybe it was a starting issue. Maybe I'll contact them.

Antec 900, had to use 2 of the free fans because 2 of the installed ones didnt spin up on slowest speed.

Back