Anyone who has bought a "retail" a64

Kurak

Limp Gawd
Did your box come wrapped in sullifane>

Also, did it have any tiny dents or imperfections? Thanks

No, no plastic wrapper.

Dents and imperfections in what? The cpu?

Kurak said:
Did your box come wrapped in sullifane>

Also, did it have any tiny dents or imperfections? Thanks

Hard plastic "Sealed" wrapper that is a pain in the ass to open. You need a shap knife.

As mota said: "dents in what?"

Luck

On the cpu itself there is a small dent. Everything looks clean and new but it's like a small imperfection. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem after some as5, but still.

It's just that I'm nervous because the same company (zipzoomfly) sent me my cpu cooler (thermaltake venus 12) in an opened package that was taped shut. I still think it's new because it looks it, however it's annoying to say the least. I just spent around 350 on new computer parts and I'd like to know if I should use them or send them back. I really want to use them though, but I don't want used crap when I paid for new stuff.

Where is the cpu from?

Sounds like you got sent used product.

So was there a hard plastic casing that you had to cut open or not?

If you are sure you got sent a used cpu def. rma that sucker.

The box itself wasn't wrapped in plastic. There was an amd sticker covering the opening thing. It didn't look like it had a sticker before. It came in a box with the fan etc intact.

I don't know though. Somehow I doubt zip zoom fly would send a used cpu as new, or a refurbished one for that matter.

Kurak said:
The box itself wasn't wrapped in plastic. There was an amd sticker covering the opening thing. It didn't look like it had a sticker before. It came in a box with the fan etc intact.

I don't know though. Somehow I doubt zip zoom fly would send a used cpu as new, or a refurbished one for that matter.

That part is normal. IF what was inside was sealed in a hard plastic molded bubble, or in a cardboard tray that was sealed in a plastic bubble your ok. AMD seems to be using seveal different types of packaging at the moment.

My 3200 came in a cardboard box. There was a 'amd' sticker sealing the top flap. There were no other seals on the box at all. The processor came in a molded plastic 'clamshell' case simular as many hard drives do.

Post pics...

BillR said:
Hard plastic "Sealed" wrapper that is a pain in the ass to open. You need a shap knife.

My 3500+ didnt come in a sealed plastic wrapper, it came in an unsealed one, very easy to open with my fingers.

@kurak
Mine was also just a cardboard box with an amd sticker, no plastic wrap.

Hm. The dent I'm worried about could easily be a manufacturing glitch. I will post pics later today.

Kurak said:
Hm. The dent I'm worried about could easily be a manufacturing glitch. I will post pics later today.

yet, i'd send it back and ask for a new one. a dent on the core, right? wait another week and play with your current rig - i wouldn't risk it

No it's not on the core. It's on the outer layer in the lower right corner. Very small. Almost like a scratch.

thats why i dont order form zipzoom fly anymore i ordred a nf7-s from them a while back (brand new) you could tell it was a refurb board. it worked so i kept it but i know longer buy from them.

Filter said:
thats why i dont order form zipzoom fly anymore i ordred a nf7-s from them a while back (brand new) you could tell it was a refurb board. it worked so i kept it but i know longer buy from them.

I’m curious, just exactly how could you tell your new board was a referb?

Back