Anyone with an X-Fi and Win7?

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I just installed the RC of Windows 7, everything works except for my X-Fi XtremeMusic. I've downloaded the beta drivers from Creative, but for whatever reason Windows won't detect that the X-Fi is even there. This is doubly bad because I can't seem to find the cables for my DFI P35-T2's audio daughter card. So the onboard is currently unusable.

I've tried different PCI slots trying to get the X-Fi detected to no avail...anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I have teh PCI-e X-fi Platinum and Win 7 detected it without a hitch. Even the default drivers gave me sound just fine. I downloaded the Win7 beta drivers and installed them with no problem.

Did you check the Creative forums? Surely you can't be the only one with this issue. If Win7 doesn't even list it in your device manager and moving it to another slot didn't help...I'm not sure where to go from there. Obviously something is blocking the resources it needs to be seen by the OS.

So is Windows even showing an "Unknown device"?

Not helpful, but I have an Xtremegamer running 7 RC alright with the beta drivers.

I also have an X-Fi and Win7 RC1 detected it fine. I used the Daniel K drivers. They're unofficial drivers but you can find them on the official Creative forums if you do a search for Daniel K.

PCI X-Fi XtremeMusic working fine in Windows 7 RC with the beta drivers here. Are you sure your card is still alive?

Yeah, I'm wondering if the card is still functional. It sat around for about a year without use, perhaps it was somehow damaged. Nothing looks wrong with it visually, who knows.

EDIT. Finally managed to get it to detect, don't know what was wrong before. Maybe it wasn't firmly seated into the PCI slot (I'm using a test stand, not a case). Driver installation went off without a hitch.

Last edited:
Back