Aopen 6600gt AGP issues?

ishmiael

n00b
recently built my first machine.
I went with mid grade components with the limited budget I was running.
Everything started up like a charm.
But when I ran 3DMark03 my comp completely freezes up at the proxycon lighting test section.
My temps are not bad, CPU 33c-35c, VGA 40c-50c
when i check the details of '03 it states that my memory is running at 0 frequency!?
(n00b)

Here is my stuff and maybe someone can help me.
(Nothing is overclocked)
MB Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra 939 (nForce Chipset)
Aopen GeForce 6600gt AGP
AMD 64 3000+ 1.8
Maxtor 200gb HD 7200rpm ATA 133
OCZ DDRAM 512x2 PC3200

the locking up is not a stutter, it is a full on lock up with me having to restart the computer.

am i not posting enough for people?
has my question already been answered?
Am I too much of a n00b for someone to help?

AOpen? OUCH....

*sigh* Well, guess you have to work with what you have. First up, google for the coolbits mod (it's a registry file, just merge it into your registry) and go to the advanced settings. See what 3D is set to. It might help to enable overclocking, but, to not actually do any overclocking, just leave it at the default clocks. If those defaults are wrong, then Acer messed up and you could technically RMA, though it might be sufficient simply to always use the OC menu to fix the settings.

I'm actually not sure that this is related to the real problem, but, it's a start.

The aopen 6600gt actually has the best retail heatsink of the bunch. Newegg has dropped thr price to $205 from $230 originally.

its not a temp problem.. everything is stable as far as that goes.

The NVT didnt do a thing for me... nice ad on though

Im going to try a 71.20 driver to see if that helps... if not ill try to RMA it.

--thanks

problem is fixed.
After switching out 3 or 4 drivers i finally found the right one to run my vga.
ran 3DMark03 three times and my last score was 7580... stock.

thanks for the advice.

Back