APC UPS

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
I have a friend that works at APC and they are having some kind of employee discount. What would be a decent/affordable UPS for a i7 system with a 1k PSU running SLI?

The BR1500 or BR1500LCD should do nicely. That's what I got, Best Buy had them for a rather good deal. You aren't going to get all that long a run time on it, especially if you are actually in a game, but long enough to save the game, get to your desktop, and shut down in an orderly fashion. If you are idling at your desktop, you'll probably get at least 20 minutes, maybe 30.

It's about the biggest APC you can get before you start hitting the server stuff which is REALLY expensive.

I bought this: GEEK SQUAD BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM 875VA and it is GREAT! Relatively cheap, very good reviews for it. Powers my system just fine.

I bought this: GEEK SQUAD BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM 875VA and it is GREAT! Relatively cheap, very good reviews for it. Powers my system just fine.

not a good idea if he is gonna using a 1000w PSU, sli and i7

The BR1500 or BR1500LCD should do nicely. That's what I got, Best Buy had them for a rather good deal. You aren't going to get all that long a run time on it, especially if you are actually in a game, but long enough to save the game, get to your desktop, and shut down in an orderly fashion. If you are idling at your desktop, you'll probably get at least 20 minutes, maybe 30.

It's about the biggest APC you can get before you start hitting the server stuff which is REALLY expensive.

i didn't need the extra power so i went 1300 :D

load-1.jpg

Get one of their pure sine way ones. The simulated sine wave can cause havok for power supplies with active pfc.

My understanding was that square wave is better for PSUs than sine as it is easier to convert to DC?

Back