Apple 30'' vs. Dell 3007wfp-hc

vizx

Weaksauce
i hadn't planned on upgrading my monitor so soon after a new build, but I've basically been handed a $600 discount at Apple (store credit...long, boring story)...

Which brings the apple 30'' cd down to about the price of a dell 3007wfp-hc...if i should decide to pull the trigger on a display, should i go with the apple or the dell? The 3008 is just too expensive, btw...

has the apple cd been refreshed lately? are they going to be in the near future? are the 3007 and the apple still using the same panel?

i like the aluminum housing on the apple, and i also like the look of the dell to a certain degree, but there's just too much plastic used on the thing...what's the consensus on the overall quality of the dell build?

the gateway and hp 30'' are not on my list right now for various reasons, and the samsungs are all PVA-based, correct?

just interested in some opinions between the two, with price being removed as a factor...

The Apple will likely have less backlight bleed, and more accurate color (it isn't high gamut).
I don't like that the cable is permanently attached to the monitor.
Dell has a better standard warranty.

I am using the Apple Cinema 30" love it alot! this screen can get very bright, I just have it about 80% up on the brightness, I use it with vista 64 and also gaming.

I would say go for the apple cinema, it is calibrated from apples factory, looks sleek, backlight is awesome, quality control is good, and so on.

most will tell you to go for the dell since the HC will have the updated S-IPS panel, but hey I'm supposedly using the "old" apple 30" but my screen kicks all the monitors I have seen, will except the new NEC 30" that is gonna cost around $3,000 lol... Just my opinion score the apple man.

Back