apple build help

just want to know if an apple computer can be build i mean if i can buy the any parts and build it or do i need special parts for it please help i like apple too so im interested in maybe build one

You cannot "build" an apple computer. You could hack osx on to normal x86 hardware (no support or anything, and borderline illegal.)

However apple hardware uses standard PC parts (ram, hdd, vid cards) so you can upgrade them yourself

you cannot build an Apple computer. People who have apple's aren't hardware geeks like us, they are artsy types with no interest in building computers. Apple's control over their entire computer makes it impossible to build

dwd3885 said:
you cannot build an Apple computer. People who have apple's aren't hardware geeks like us, they are artsy types with no interest in building computers. Apple's control over their entire computer makes it impossible to build

hey! I posted that from a mac

It is possible to build your own apple. However, you'll basicly be buying two or three generation old apple hardware and be reassembling it. That article is about a G4 computer, but I imagine that you could find some G5 stuff now. But it's probably not worth it to buy components from out of date macs, and probably pay more than you would for a new computer. I'm sure it will be some time before you can do this for the intel systems.

thank you all for the help im not gonna even try to build one but it wouldve been nice for us the geek pc builders

yeah you can build it, but like what has already been said, you're not going to be able to build a *new* one, you'll be stuck with G4-era parts.

dwd3885 said:

lets hear it for stereotypes :confused:

Back