Apple cinema display with pc

the card has a displayport output so a simple displayport to mini displayport adapter accomplishes that

There's a big thread about the Cinema Display in the Displays subforum. Suggested reading, because this display is a little finicky about working with a PC.

That videocard will not work. It is going to act the same way as the 27" iMac. The only ATI cards that will work are the 6-series cards, the HD5970 and the HD5870 Eyefinity Edition.

thanks for letting me know! so is there any specific reason it won't work even though it has a displayport output?

I've had the 30" Cinema Display since it launched, and it's been connected to PCs w/o trouble

my main issue at the moment is that my small pc case needs a low profile video card. I thought the 5570 I linked might work, but if not, are there any low profile cards with displayport that could run this thing?

It is going to act the same way as the 27" iMac.

what does that mean

Last edited:
glad I'm not the only one ;)

Not too be rude OP, but this question has been answered a zillion times here at [H], heh. ATi did not built their DisplayPort ready Radeon 5xxx to spec. As a result, many ATi Radeon 5xxx cards with DisplayPort do NOT work with either the Apple LED Cinema Display 27" or iMac 27". There is no fix.

The the above poster said, the only compatible DisplayPort / miniDisplayPort video cards are anything by nVidia and the AMD 6-series cards, the HD5970 and the HD5870 Eyefinity Edition.

Back