Apple Granted 39 New Patents

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you thought the US Patent and Trademark Office was bad about approving anything Apple sent them before, now they are approving Apple patents in bulk. :eek:

The US Patent and Trademark Office officially published a series of 39 newly granted patents for Apple Inc. today. In our second and final granted patent report of the day we cover patents relating to the iPad's Smart Cover and a capacitive sensor panel that is dynamically reconfigurable to accommodate a feature such as pinch and zoom. We conclude our report listing the remaining 32 patents that were granted to Apple today.

I believe one of them was for a method by which multiple different people can use the same device whilst each having seperate customizations on the device, while not being able to affect other users customizations. Each of these seperate distinctions would be protected by a phrase chosen by each user. Quite exciting times thats in store for us.

How about that one that says "The magnetic attachment mechanism can be used to releasably attach an accessory device to an electronic device." That's surely innovation, huh? It's not like such things have been in use for, oh, about 150 years or so.

Patenting hand motions?

Time to file!

"Communication method using a single upraised middle finger."

"Methods of entertainment using a rounded hand in a reciprocating motion for males."

I believe one of them was for a method by which multiple different people can use the same device whilst each having seperate customizations on the device, while not being able to affect other users customizations. Each of these seperate distinctions would be protected by a phrase chosen by each user. Quite exciting times thats in store for us.

you mean like looking into windows with your own user name? omg, that hasn't been done before!!!

You mean like the profiles like Microsoft Windows has had for over a decade?

Wonder if it's too late get a patent on fire?

I want to patent perfectly round circles. Followed by straight lines.

If I were an American I would be outraged because when these inevitably get taken to court it's going to be their tax money covering the court costs.

bloodhawk039673399 said:
you mean like looking into windows with your own user name? omg, that hasn't been done before!!!

You mean like the profiles like Microsoft Windows has had for over a decade?

Wonder if it's too late get a patent on fire?

Or like the new feature in Android 4.2 that allows for different user accounts on tablet?

Jesus Apple, why don't you try inventing something you actually patent for a change?

Back