Apple iPad 1 NEW in box WiFi @ Verizon B&M Stores 16GB $299, 32GB $399, 64GB $499

HitmanZ

Gawd
Title says it all! I called 6 stores to see if there were any around my immediate area and was told people bought them within a few hours of the store opening (16GB version). Good luck and happy hunting!

NO CONTRACT REQUIRED

Last edited:
Aaaaand purchased. Thanks OP or O-OP.

Called 3 stores first two sold out of 16gb and only had 32 or 64 models. 3rd store had 16gb in stock; couldn't justify storing huge movies or music on the thing so cheapest it is for me!

IIRC, this deal has been going since the iPad 2 announcement and also applies to the Apple and AT&T stores. There's a few other [H] threads but not sure if they specifically posted about the Verizon stores.

IIRC, this deal has been going since the iPad 2 announcement and also applies to the Apple and AT&T stores. There's a few other [H] threads but not sure if they specifically posted about the Verizon stores.

AT&T is selling the 16GB for $429, where are you seeing $299? As far as I know, $299 is the cheapest you can get and only at Verizon. If you know any other stores selling it for $299 and can confirm, please post.

AT&T is selling the 16GB for $429, where are you seeing $299? As far as I know, $299 is the cheapest you can get and only at Verizon. If you know any other stores selling it for $299 and can confirm, please post.

AT&T is selling the the 32gb for $429 not the 16gb.. At least that's what I saw last.. Also you can get the refurb form Apple for the same price..

damn, this is a killer deal. I called around a few places and one told me that they only had 32gb versions (for the price listed here) and another store told me that they had a 16gb model, but I needed to buy the myfi with it. I really don't want to spend 400.00 right now... but this is a really tempting deal

damn, this is a killer deal. I called around a few places and one told me that they only had 32gb versions (for the price listed here) and another store told me that they had a 16gb model, but I needed to buy the myfi with it. I really don't want to spend 400.00 right now... but this is a really tempting deal

The person you talked to is full of shit. I bought my iPad from Verizon a couple months ago and didn't have to buy the MiFi.

I've gotta say so far that the ipad is not a fun or easy device to haxx0r as I had hoped. I learned you can't upgrade to a jailbreakable firmware until apple/the community releases a new version (they tend to happen at the same time) at which point you've got like a few hours to make sure that you have backed-up your shsh ID and then implement the jailbreak. Basically mine came with 3.2.2 and the current jb is 4.2.1 which I can't install because Apple has to sign the IOS version when you update -- I can only install up to 4.3.

Also the streaming capabilities I've heard about aren't as easy as I expected. I don't play by their rules and hence don't really use itunes or purchase videos from the itunes store which makes it harder for me ~ will have to re-compress the videos and convert them to a supported format.

Two key apps I'd like to get but are disabled; zumocast and VLC player. Luckily a jailbroken device can download a VLC app but it's not official. Apple's app store seems heavy on the "police state" nature.

I like the emulator support though but for some reason the "AD" emulators have huge dpads and spaced out buttons so it's really awkward to play a skill intensive game.

In summary seems like I'm expecting too much out of it or I'm not "average computer user" enough.

Last edited:
If you jailbroke 3.2.1 or any earlier version and went into cydia and clicked the make "my life easier" button, cydia will automatically collect your shsh's for you for any new version. so even if you missed 4.01, 4.02, 4.1 and 4.2, it will have the shsh blobs for you to restore to them.

open cydia and look at the top, it'll tell you what it has for your phone/pad.

If you jailbroke 3.2.1 or any earlier version and went into cydia and clicked the make "my life easier" button, cydia will automatically collect your shsh's for you for any new version. so even if you missed 4.01, 4.02, 4.1 and 4.2, it will have the shsh blobs for you to restore to them.

open cydia and look at the top, it'll tell you what it has for your phone/pad.

Usually I'm not one to be a jerk but this is incorrect for us who just bought the ipad ~ we can't make shsh backups because we didn't own the devices when the updates hit. There's a window of time available during which you can backup your shsh before Apple stops signing ios updates; which is typically a day or so. TinyUmbrellla has gotten a little better at this ~ when I fired up the program it backed up my 4.3 shsh proactively and told me I'm screwed on everything before it -- in other words 3.2.1 up to 4.2.1 I cannot backup the shsh for no matter what I want to do.

For this price, you might as well get the 3G from AT&T for $30 more and pay for the one month of data.

For this price, you might as well get the 3G from AT&T for $30 more and pay for the one month of data.

Might as well get and ipad 2 for a few dollars more. Might as well get a 2 year contract for a few dollars more. Might as well get the 64gb version for just a few dollars more.

Might as well get and ipad 2 for a few dollars more. Might as well get a 2 year contract for a few dollars more. Might as well get the 64gb version for just a few dollars more.
Might as well get the Macbook Air for a few dollars more.

At $ 299 its getting tempting
Posted via Mobile Device

I am awaiting the ASUS EEE Pad Transformer, much better deal/product.

I am awaiting the ASUS EEE Pad Transformer, much better deal/product.
yeah for $399

The Galaxy Tab will be $200 on contract from Sprint too.

Seems like there are some better tablet deals coming.

Ii iwent ito ithe istore iand igot ian ipad ibecause ii ilove ithe imarketing ischeme iof iapple. i:)

(Not really, I actually hate that fucking i. =D )

yeah for $399

The Galaxy Tab will be $200 on contract from Sprint too.

Seems like there are some better tablet deals coming.

I was seriously contemplating getting the Galaxy tab but a 3G monthly subscription just isn't worth it when you can wireless tether from a phone.

I was seriously contemplating getting the Galaxy tab but a 3G monthly subscription just isn't worth it when you can wireless tether from a phone.
true, but if you get the $200 deal, you are getting the convenience of 3G access and the lower up front price.

true, but if you get the $200 deal, you are getting the convenience of 3G access and the lower up front price.

What's the monthly costs for an unlimited data plan? I am on Sprint right now on my Samsung Epic for $120 unlimited data family 4 phones.

What's the monthly costs for an unlimited data plan? I am on Sprint right now on my Samsung Epic for $120 unlimited data family 4 phones.

On which network?

It doesn't look like Sprint or Verizon offers unlimited data on tablets (nor does AT&T or TMo).

Sprint has a 2GB ($30.00/mo) plan and a 5GB plan ($50.00/mo) on a 2 year contract for tablets.

Verizon offers 1GB ($20.00/mo), 3GB ($35.00/mo), 5GB ($50.00/mo) and 10GB ($80.00/mo) on a 2 year contract for tablets.

If you already have unlimited data on your smartphone and you can tether it to other devices, that would be the way to go.

Just for the 1GB plan from Verizon, you'll be spending $450.00 on the subscription alone... on top of the $200.00 price for the tablet. At the rate that tablets and phones are improving, I doubt very much that ANY tablet around today will be able to compete with new tablets 6-7 months from now, let alone a few years. Besides, with Samsungs track record in keeping their devices up to date, it doesn't seem like a very wise decision to lock yourself into one. Spend the money up front (if a galaxy tab is what you want) and sell it when it's time to upgrade.

If you really don't want to spend all that money up front, your best (cheapest) bet is probably AT&T. You can get a 250MB 2 year plan on the Galaxy Tab for 15.00/mo. You're only paying $360.00 over the course of 2 years (plus the price of the tablet) on that deal

JMO.

Am I false to assume that 3g really sucks if you are mobile? In other words in a car or on a train then the 3g is nearly worthless? It's that way for my phone 65% of the time lol; that's how I justify that 3g for a tablet is not really worthwhile.

Am I false to assume that 3g really sucks if you are mobile? In other words in a car or on a train then the 3g is nearly worthless? It's that way for my phone 65% of the time lol; that's how I justify that 3g for a tablet is not really worthwhile.

It depends what you need from it, you are hoping towers and that kinda suck, but other then that, basic browsing and even streaming music work. I use TuneIn in the car and I know folks that use 5-0, Pandora or Last.FM and they work fine from the car. Quality may go down from time to time, but as soon as you get better reception it picks up pretty fast.

It depends what you need from it, you are hoping towers and that kinda suck, but other then that, basic browsing and even streaming music work. I use TuneIn in the car and I know folks that use 5-0, Pandora or Last.FM and they work fine from the car. Quality may go down from time to time, but as soon as you get better reception it picks up pretty fast.

x2

It's usually not an issue. On AT&T (iphone) I was able to listen to XM streaming the entire car ride back from helping a friend move (approx 900 miles) and the only time I had issues was through the mountains in PA.

If you're on Verizon or AT&T, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Back