Apple Paid Victim of iPad 2 In-Store Assault

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, one of the people assaulted by Apple store employees during an iPad 2 brawl has been paid off by Apple. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to my local Apple store to see if I can get kicked and punched for money too.

The victim injured by an employee during a fracas at the Sanlitun Apple Store Saturday confirmed he made a deal with Apple Inc and was compensated after leaving the hospital. "I signed an agreement with another employee of the Apple company to receive 20,000 yuan [$3,078.92]," victim Ding Wencheng, 27, said Monday.

Is that all it cost to buy someone's silence over there? Had that happened in the US, Apple would have to add a few more zeros to that figure.

Steve, who the hell is going to kick or punch you? You don't see a lot of people that are even bigger than you going into apple stores

Steve's Camaro would scare them off at the Apple store.

Post pix of Camaro!!!

Yeah, it seems cheap to buy silence overseas.

$3,000 lolollolol nobody tell this poor sap he could have got another three zeros out of it.

Not in China he couldn't have.

Not normally but this thing was internationally publicized. The kind of thing corporate lawyers and PR people are terrified of. Why do you think they chased the guy to the hospital to settle with him asap?

Well, you can already add one zero considering living cost compared to usa, ramen noodles are cheap in china :D

Steve, who the hell is going to kick or punch you? You don't see a lot of people that are even bigger than you going into apple stores

lol, I was about the say the same thing myself.
Can't imagine anyone would be brave enough to kick and punch Steve :eek:

What else, exactly, are they supposed to do? They had an employee screw up badly, and took care of it. No lawyers (where the complainant would have ended up giving most of the money to the lawyers), and apparently the complainant is happy.

So what's the big deal? No tin-foil hat stuff here. Happens everyday all across the world.

They could of added more 0's ... but not as a pay-off, at that point lawyers would be involved, and you'd still be left with the original amount, if even that.

this is so sad. people rushing to purchase overpriced products and dont know how to maintain a waiting line. only this would happen in China.

They could of added more 0's ... but not as a pay-off, at that point lawyers would be involved, and you'd still be left with the original amount, if even that.

If it had a lot more zero's, then the guy would be unreasonable and would deserve everything he got (and had to give to the lawyer) for being a greedy 'victim'.

I figure a dinner at Ruth Christ should have done it myself :) Maybe a free iPod. I think they cost about the same :)

Back