Apple Store Return Policy

Maniacmous

Gawd
Alright...here goes...my mom, tries her best to be good to me, she really does mean well, and I love her. Well, she went out and bought me an iPod...mailed it to me, I'll be getting it tomorrow if the tracking number is correct. Only problem is...its a 20gb 4G, which really isn't a problem, except the new 30gb photo's came out...and if I use my educational discount, the price difference between the two is only like 20 bucks.

What I'm wondering is...will the Apple Store accept a return without a receipt for store credit on the 4G if its unopened (thus allowing me to pay the difference and get the 30gb Photo)?

If not, I mean, I'll keep the 20gb and be happy with it, no doubt, but if I can improve my space and features for so little money...I think I'd be a fool to pass on it.

In my experience, the Apple store is very helpful with a reciept, and not very much help at all without. You could send it back and have her return it....or you can enjoy your 20G and say screw it.

Yea I just got my Ipod Mini about 2 weeks ago. And then they come out with the 6gig. They won''t refund mine. Just make sure you don't open it and i don't know but I would check what would happen if yours is laser engraved. Hope I could help.

My mom is scared to death to order stuff online, so I'm certain its not laser engraved. I don't think it'll hurt to check with them, but I figured I'd ask here just in case anyone works there and could save me being laughed out or something like that. Not out to scam anyone, just out to get the best I can, you know?

Maniacmous said:
Alright...here goes...my mom, tries her best to be good to me, she really does mean well, and I love her. Well, she went out and bought me an iPod...mailed it to me, I'll be getting it tomorrow if the tracking number is correct. Only problem is...its a 20gb 4G, which really isn't a problem, except the new 30gb photo's came out...and if I use my educational discount, the price difference between the two is only like 20 bucks.

What I'm wondering is...will the Apple Store accept a return without a receipt for store credit on the 4G if its unopened (thus allowing me to pay the difference and get the 30gb Photo)?

If not, I mean, I'll keep the 20gb and be happy with it, no doubt, but if I can improve my space and features for so little money...I think I'd be a fool to pass on it.
Yes, they do that in the store. Just be nice and courteous.

EDIT: You do need a reciept.

Back